Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I have an appointment tomorrow to get my 05 M6 serviced for the winter. I told them I wanted the oil changed with synthetic and whatever else needs to be done so that I can store the car for the winter. Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Fill it with fuel -- add something like Stabil to keep the fuel fresh -- and be sure to run it every couple of weeks. Don't just start it, let it idle for a minute, and turn it off. Start it -- and let it run until it gets good and hot as you need to burn all the moisture out of the exhaust system, etc.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Fill it with fuel -- add something like Stabil to keep the fuel fresh -- and be sure to run it every couple of weeks. Don't just start it, let it idle for a minute, and turn it off. Start it -- and let it run until it gets good and hot as you need to burn all the moisture out of the exhaust system, etc.
Even more importantly, you need to burn off the moisture in the oil which takes much longer than burning off the exhaust moisture. If you can't drive it occasionally through the winter, your better off leaving it sit. Yes change the oil and fuel stabilizer is good, but also disconnect your battery terminal (I think the negative terminal), the manual specifies which one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts