Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
It's always been like that. Wrong facts. In the 1971 epic "Two Lane Blacktop", Warren Oates is telling people that his '70 Judge is equipped with the "Mark 4 Ram Air 455". Of course, Warren's character is a patholigical liar in the flick, so maybe it's part of it. Great movie, though. It's getting hard for me to read magazines about the "history of the gto" lately, due to the mistakes and lack of research. No big deal though, as long as we all have some FUN!
Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Me & the wife just got back from going to see this movie. We did not even make it past the previews/ads & we heard a loud noise/ pop sound from behind us. All of a sudden the screen went black & the theatre lights came back on. Then the usher or manager came in & told us they had a "projection malfunction" or something and we would have to come back another time. :(:mad:
It was the first time in a long time we had went to the movies & I was looking forward to seeing this. Guess we will have to just go back another time!

Brent

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me & the wife just got back from going to see this movie. We did not even make it past the previews/ads & we heard a loud noise/ pop sound from behind us. All of a sudden the screen went black & the theatre lights came back on. Then the usher or manager came in & told us they had a "projection malfunction" or something and we would have to come back another time. :(:mad:
It was the first time in a long time we had went to the movies & I was looking forward to seeing this. Guess we will have to just go back another time!

Brent

Now that really sucks. I have never heard of that happening before.:willy:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I think I've been about 3 or 4 times in the past 25 years...........with videos, DVD, and big screen, cable teevee, it's tough!

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
The car in the movie is not a Judge, it's not even a GTO. It is a Lemans Sport. I came across the car on Ebay. I inquired about it requesting documentation as to the authenticity of the car. From what I was told...The car that was on Ebay was one of 4 they used for the movie and was the "Hero's" car. The car was not restored, but was fixed up for the movie. I bid on the car but only went so far.

It went for 19.1K. Not a bad car and price, but the "Judge" is actually a 37 car. Ya gotta love Hollywood.

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's amazing once you own one of these though how often you will spot them in a movie. I have a 74 Bronco (The small box one)and I see then in the movies all the time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts