Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
D*mn, let the wife test drive the car so she could get used to the new stick. She knows how to drive a stick, but for some reason, everytime she started out from a stop, the engine would bog and buck like crazy. I thought she was letting the clutch up too quick, but then I realized she was actually starting out in 3rd :eek: . She did this about 3 or 4 times before I realized what was happening. After this happened and when I drove the car again, it felt like the engine had slightly less pull. Following this, I commenced the appropriate spousal beatings (just kidding) :lol: My question is, with only 150 miles on the clock do you think this may have caused any engine damage. :confused

05 GTO MN6 Blk/Blk

·
Registered
76 Posts
no way man. Funny you mentioned, but my wife bogged it and dogged it (hasn't drove a manual in about 5 years), and I thought the same thing, that it was "tainted" and that it wasn't quite as fast. It's all in your head. The car will be fine.

Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I wish my wife did that when she took the porsche out three days after we bought it. She revved, and got her feet mixed up. She dumped the clutch at about 4.5k! the clutch on a 944 has a rubber center, and was a 1400 job. Consider yourself lucky.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I feel your pain

Your car will be just fine.
When family first drove my current ride ('99 WS6) I was afraid they hurt it when they stalled etc. It has been 6 years and it runs fine.
Rest assured it is OK.....A little gentle education on the POS shifter that is factory installed might be in order first and second you need to start shopping for a new shifter.
I waited almost 4 years before I installed mine and I could kick myself for not doing it sooner (especially since I already had the shifter purchased before delivery and was too lazy or cheap to get it done)
Best MOD I ever did!
Enjoy your ride and pray my 05 GTO comes in soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.