Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S1 arrived today from Shaner - absolutely beautiful! This guy does a great job and the guy Mark is great to talk to.

Depending on how it feels - I can always send it back and upgrade it to an S2 - but figured I would start slow.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for being obtuse. A Shaner S1 is a ported & polished throttle body. He uses the stock unit and opens it up for maximum airflow. I tried to up load pictures of it - no good.

Just trying to get as much horse power as I can out of the car, without tearing the engine up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since he is not an advertiser on this board - I don't think I can post his web address. Do a yahoo search on "Shaner S2performance". That will get you there.

The cost for the porting is on the site - ranges from $79 to $139, depending on what you want. There is a core charge also if you don't send him your TB.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It is now on

Thanks Groucho -

Now if someone can tell me how to up load the pictures, I will show you what mine looks like. Every time I try to using the advanced features - the site tells me "Exceeds your quota by 97.6 KB". This is the file size - what am I doing wrong???

Tried uploading a few to the garage - 04 Mechanical - maybe they will hit there (screwed up and also uploaded a few exterior to 05 interior - so mods may want to move them to 04 exterior)

If I can attach the file to a PM - I will if any of you guys want it.

Update - put the throttle body on this morning - took a whole 20 minutes - took the car out for a long test drive. Damn - the throttle response is greatly improved and from seat of the pants - the car feels definitely quicker. Will be hitting ETown on the 28th to see what is will do.

Steve

·
Registered
60 Posts
When changing the throttle body, should you also / do you need to change the MAF?? Sorry in advance if this is a very obvious question. :cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Palmer said:
When changing the throttle body, should you also / do you need to change the MAF?? Sorry in advance if this is a very obvious question. :cheers
Palmer - the MAF should remain as is. There is a lot of controversy regarding using 3rd party MAF's. They appear to be a tuning nightmare and definitely not worth the hassle until you get in larger heads etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts