Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any body put a shaved door kit in an a body cant find a spot to install solenoid that does not interfere with window I put it in the front lower corner but it wont pull far enough to open door any ideas would be appreciated wished I did not do it but paint is done at do not want to try to go back to regular door handles and repaint
thanks

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
has any body put a shaved door kit in an a body cant find a spot to install solenoid that does not interfere with window I put it in the front lower corner but it wont pull far enough to open door any ideas would be appreciated wished I did not do it but paint is done at do not want to try to go back to regular door handles and repaint
thanks
Don't know what "won't pull far enough" means? Rod not long enough or the solenoid does not have enough movement to pull the door lock?

I have never installed one. But if the movement is not enough, the closer you move the attachment rod/hole to any pivot point, the more movement you will get. Maybe move the rod attachment hole in on either the unlocking arm on the door lock or solenoid?

I would send a Personal Message (PM) through the website and contact our "custom" car builder. No doubt he will have the answer for you and get you on track. https://www.gtoforum.com/f83/gto-vette-hybrid-133465/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts