Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was at Maroone Ford buying an F-150 on Sunday and low n behold in the corner was a GT-500 convertible! As there was NO window sticker present I inquired as to the price and was told: "well, it'll likely go out the door for $25,000 Over sticker". I was like "well that doesn't tell me much other than I should just bend over and wait for the screwing of the century!" Needless to say I was floored.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Hey all, I was at Maroone Ford buying an F-150 on Sunday and low n behold in the corner was a GT-500 convertible! As there was NO window sticker present I inquired as to the price and was told: "well, it'll likely go out the door for $25,000 Over sticker". I was like "well that doesn't tell me much other than I should just bend over and wait for the screwing of the century!" Needless to say I was floored.
Let's see...that should bring the price to around :eek: $70,000. I'd rather have 2 Goats.
Sorry. Count me out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Hey all, I was at Maroone Ford buying an F-150 on Sunday and low n behold in the corner was a GT-500 convertible! As there was NO window sticker present I inquired as to the price and was told: "well, it'll likely go out the door for $25,000 Over sticker". I was like "well that doesn't tell me much other than I should just bend over and wait for the screwing of the century!" Needless to say I was floored.
That means the Corvette Vert is about $10,000 less. It handles better, stops better, is a lot faster, IMO looks better, gets a lot better mileage, and has more potential to modify to a lot higher performance level. Oh and you can get a decent discount off the sticker of one turning that 10k into 15k.

GT500= ??????????????? what were you thinking
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
friend of mine who is fleet manager of a ford dealership called me about 2 weeks ago to check out this white w/blue stripes GT500 coupe that just came to the dealership, i asked to drive it but it was already pre sold, they were just detailing it, $20k over sticker, and the guy never even seen the car yet, wire transfer, paid in full.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
My first choice for a GT car was the Shelby. I waited and waited, and they finally started posting prices. Then I saw the stats. Not as good as I expected. My focus turned to the GTO, and the rest is history. I love my 6.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
:D I know there is a brand new GT500 for sale cheap in Topeka. The owner was driving home with it and had a heart attack. Totaled the GT500
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
raven1124 said:
Get use to it. The same thing is going to happen with the Camaro too.
Add the new Dodge Challenger too. If they build it to look like the concept, man that's going to be a good looking car. This type of price-jacking is pretty standard on new cars that have a high demand. I remember when the PT Cruisers came out, around here people were ordering them in advance and then selling them in the newspaper for $5K more than they paid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't worry guys, I had no intention of buying the thing! It was just cool to finally see one for sale. As they say "a fool and his money are quickly parted" and anyone willing to pay a premium for the "privilege" to own the thing is a fool! I took the sales manager outside to show him the interior of the Goat as he said he'd never seen inside one before. He was VERY impressed and then understood why I'd laughed when he asked if I was going to trade mine in. Our cars are head and shoulders above any mustang for fit and finish! They're also a Saleen dealer and you'd be dumb struck to see what you get for $83,000 for a S281 Extreme, YUCK!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
raven1124 said:
Get use to it. The same thing is going to happen with the Camaro too.
Yea well, I had to go out of state to buy my GTO as the local dealer here was charging a $3,000 premium last year when I bought mine! Bastards had 9 on the lot at the time too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Look up the Saleens. Only the Stage 3 package has more power than our goats and not much more. I think like 430 or something. Now, they're sweet looking for a retro Mustang and all, but let me get the guy in one up to 100+ mph and see of the aero stats aren't killing him as far as wind resistance goes.

Oh yeah, and I haven't dropped 40+ grand into my GTO either. If I did, can someone say maggy s/c pushing about 450 rwhp?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,433 Posts
kegbelly said:
Add the new Dodge Challenger too. If they build it to look like the concept, man that's going to be a good looking car. This type of price-jacking is pretty standard on new cars that have a high demand. I remember when the PT Cruisers came out, around here people were ordering them in advance and then selling them in the newspaper for $5K more than they paid.
And if Dodge does to the Challenger what they did to the Charger concept car, then the wait would have been in vane. The link below is to the Dodge Charger Concept Car... They gave this Charger concept an abortion and born a bastard.

http://www.acarshow.com/chgcpt.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
GTO judge said:
And if Dodge does to the Challenger what they did to the Charger concept car, then the wait would have been in vane. The link below is to the Dodge Charger Concept Car... They gave this Charger concept an abortion and born a bastard.

http://www.acarshow.com/chgcpt.html

What? It looks the same- just look at the- well, wait- maybe the? Oh wait, how about from this angle, nope nevermind. :rofl:

Yeah, I really like the Challenger concept- but after the Charger ordeal, I am frightened to see what becomes of it.
Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
585 Posts
GTO judge said:
And if Dodge does to the Challenger what they did to the Charger concept car, then the wait would have been in vane. The link below is to the Dodge Charger Concept Car... They gave this Charger concept an abortion and born a bastard.

http://www.acarshow.com/chgcpt.html
A close friend is trying to put in a preorder on a Challenger. Wow, I hope he is happy....... right now he owns a Cobb STI
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
Yea well, I had to go out of state to buy my GTO as the local dealer here was charging a $3,000 premium last year when I bought mine! Bastards had 9 on the lot at the time too!
Really? Man, some dealerships are just horrible. Luckily I ran across a good one who was willing to work for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
kegbelly said:
Add the new Dodge Challenger too. If they build it to look like the concept, man that's going to be a good looking car. This type of price-jacking is pretty standard on new cars that have a high demand. I remember when the PT Cruisers came out, around here people were ordering them in advance and then selling them in the newspaper for $5K more than they paid.
Absolutely! Just wait about a year and you'll see the price drop drastically.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top