Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yo what's up!? I have an 06 goat and know all about the 1 to 4 skip shift. can't say i like it much but hey...i am interested in learning how to activate the actual "shift light"...i've seen a few pics of some on the net that have that feature but how do i get mine to work??? if anyone has done it or knows how to...please let me know. post it up or shoot me an e-mail. thanks y'all...peace

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Remember reading something about this; I think it required a re-program of something in the dash. I didn't see anything on a search here, but you may try LS1 GTO forum- -

Funny, I had a Grand Am that had that feature, years ago. GM got slammed by some major car rags about "telling" people when to shift. Now people want it.

You can buy the "skip shift eliminator" that gets rid of the 1:4 shift.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the site. it didnt give me much info about how you go about getting this progamming dealio done...i take it you have used this programmer? if you can throw some info about it this way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's what i was thinking too...that you had to send it in. that sucks because mine is my daily driver too. do you think that would be something that the dealership would be able to handle?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hmm..will the car startup without the cluster being in the dash?. I can just cruise along and not pass the slow moving cars for a week while i'm without the cluster.:D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Yeah, I could see that now:lol:
And I would like to thank you. I took your advice and used Lexol, Meguiras, and Invisible glass. They ALL worked much better than what I was using. So, thanks:cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
s2gordon said:
Hmm..will the car startup without the cluster being in the dash?. I can just cruise along and not pass the slow moving cars for a week while i'm without the cluster.:D
Sure will! I have customers do that ALL the time ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I wonder why they never activated this light from the factory? I figure it was either laziness or because they couldn't quit arguing about which shift point would piss off the least amount of customers...

·
Registered
182 Posts
raven1124 said:
Yeah, I could see that now:lol:
And I would like to thank you. I took your advice and used Lexol, Meguiras, and Invisible glass. They ALL worked much better than what I was using. So, thanks:cheers
You're welcome. Keeping the Goat clean has become a weekend chore that I love.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts