Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can an aftermarket shiftlight be installed on the 05 GTO and work without doing anything crazy? Most of the ones i see state that they work on conventional ignition. I'd really like to have one, but don't want to deal with a lot of BS

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
send a PM to GTPprix, he does the custom tuning of the dash and enables the shift light.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I agree with Mike, I have the shiftlight and buzzer and even though I can't hear the buzzer (my car is fecking loud) you can't miss the light! :cheers

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to see someone's gauges with the color change.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have you seen the latest he offers? the needles go from one color to the next as they sweep.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the shiftlight mod really bright enough? Doesn't look to me like it will be bright enough on a bright day.

I was thinking more along the lines of a seperate 'pro' style shift light, mounted on the dash on the silver trim that goes up the side of the radio to the top of the dash. But i'm not sure how i'd hook it up with the ignition system that the GTO has.

If i was to have the shiftlight mod do i have to go somewhere, or do i need to send part of the car out to be worked on?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The light is relatively bright but you cant miss the chime that tells you it's time to shift. Couple that with the fact I can scale the RPM's by gear and you cant beat this with any aftermarket unit. Not to mention all the other things you get with the programming. It's cake to take out and ship it in and I turn it around the same day, dont cobble your car when can have it the way the factory intended :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, just checking out your site, that is a very cool thing.

Couple questions,

1. All I need to do is ship you my cluster?
2. Can you change what is diplayed at the same time? ex. Have the MPH in the center, Instant Fuel in the right, and Ave fuel in the left, all at the same time?
3. Is it true that this mod ads 100HP to the engine? :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
1. Yup :)
2. Working on that but it will be quite awhile before thats ready but will be offered under the $10 upgrade program in the future
3. Only on fridays :)

On a semi serious note I have had people who were short shifting pick up almost a full second in the quarter ONLY because they listened for the tone and then shifted. I've got one of those peoples testimonies on the site, plus I've got a pre selected shift schedule for 2005/2006 that if you can nail the shifts and launch should put a healthy car in the 12.9 territory without issue ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sometimes the class of Steve 101 is a little aggressive.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts