Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am just wondering if the shift skip connector is easy to reach with the driver side on a jack or is this a lift job? thanks i pick up my baby tomorrow and this will probobally be installed at dealer :cheers. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Ok i am just wondering if the shift skip connector is easy to reach with the driver side on a jack or is this a lift job? thanks i pick up my baby tomorrow and this will probobally be installed at dealer :cheers. Thanks!
The dealer is going to install it for you? The last time I talked to a dealer about installing an aftermarket part they told me that they don't do that. Maybe it was that particular dealer but the skip shift eliminator doesn't require any special skills other than following the instructions and can easily be done at home.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
You can do just about anything to this car with a jack and jackstands. Lift is always better but very few people actually have them. I do everything myself without a lift. Haven't ran into anything yet I couldn't do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dealer is going to install it for you? The last time I talked to a dealer about installing an aftermarket part they told me that they don't do that. Maybe it was that particular dealer but the skip shift eliminator doesn't require any special skills other than following the instructions and can easily be done at home.
no not dealer installed I am going to istall in dealer parking lot (not really). Thanks for the help i know most things if not everything can be done on jacks just asking i am coming from owning a few BMW M3s so you never know those things always needed special tools and crap.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts