Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had that annoying rattlefixed,,They had to replace the shifter lever,,took two weeks for the part to arrive,,,Just got the call that it was finished butttt, GM stated that they had to remove the shifter boot guess what fell apart at the seams :mad: ? Now I have to wait two more weeks for a new shifter boot..

·
Registered
74 Posts
At least yours is driveable. I've been without my car for more days than I've had it home. Stupid oil leak.

·
Registered
109 Posts
badtmpdgoat said:
just had that annoying rattlefixed,,They had to replace the shifter lever,,took two weeks for the part to arrive,,,Just got the call that it was finished butttt, GM stated that they had to remove the shifter boot guess what fell apart at the seams :mad: ? Now I have to wait two more weeks for a new shifter boot..
I'm getting a rattle in 2nd and 4th and it seems that something is loose by the shifter since I can tug it back towards me when it rattles and it goes away. Is this what happened to you? If so, thanks for posting :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
shifter rattle shifter boot

My shifter rattle was fixed a few days ago, shifter handle part #92176323 was replaced. Great results,rattle is gone ,shifter throws are a little cleaner, but my boot was ripped also. Just what I wanted to see. Service rep was very good about ordering a new boot. Time frame for replacement is about 1 week.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I also have that 2700rpm rattle from the shifter. Goes away if I hold on to the shifter knob tightly, and really only does it before it's warmed up. I was hoping it would just go away by itself - maybe I'll have them take a look at it. I just hate having work done if I can avoid it, seems they always mess something else up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had the same annoying rattle since I bought the car. Thanks for the post. Will bring to dealer next week if snow isn't too bad.

Also... I get this strange faint whiney noise when it's cold (below 0) when going into reverse. Car is warm but still have the noise. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Vince

·
Registered
307 Posts
I haven't seen an internal view of the M6 transmission but if the reverse gear has straight-cut teeth, like reverse on most cars, there will be a bit of a whine compared to the forward gears, more noticeable with harder acceleration.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Purdone said:
At least yours is driveable. I've been without my car for more days than I've had it home. Stupid oil leak.
2004 M6 purchased September 30, rear ended October 17. Been at the body shop since. I empathize with you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
WTF is it with these people hitting nice cars when no one ever hits the crappy cars like my Jeep. ;) Good luck on all of yalls repairs. :cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts