Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 4 speed in my 67 and something is binding in the linkage I think. Gotta look better at it thsi weekend. Anyhow, the car came with a Hurst Competition Plus shifter, I was wondering where I could get new linkage if thats whats wrong. I didn't see the linkage on the Hurst website.

Jim

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
dont think theres anything wrong with rods. they might need new bushings n clips and re adjusment. i like the plastic ones .

·
Registered
727 Posts
^X2!
Put fresh bushings and retainers in it, adjust per the Service Procedure and go from there.

You can get the bushing kits from just about any supplier (AMES, Performance Years, Year One, even Rock Auto has some of them).

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
:agree If none of the above works....contact Peter Serio at Precision Pontiac, Pete restores HURST shifters, and even wrote a book about them.....he is a great guy and will set you straight. Eric

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have a copy of the 'Service Procedures' for adjusting the linkages that I can get e-mailed to me?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Put a drill bit through the alignment holes (1/8 or 3/16 I think) in the shifters levers to line them all up and then adjust the threaded ends of the rods to fit the centers of the holes in the levers. Hardest part is getting your fingers in there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts