Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there found an add-on shifter lock-out for 5th and 6th gear on the 6-speeds? I've noticed that it can be difficult to make a fast 2-3 shift without ending up hitting the gate or ending up in 5th. I've only had the car a few months so I'm sure my technique will get better with time but when I am at the track, I don't want to mess around. I just want to throw the shifter up and right hard to get it into gear like I would on my old four-speed. Has anyone seen something like this before and/or know where to get an add-on kit? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
eyecell007 said:
Has anyone out there found an add-on shifter lock-out for 5th and 6th gear on the 6-speeds? I've noticed that it can be difficult to make a fast 2-3 shift without ending up hitting the gate or ending up in 5th. I've only had the car a few months so I'm sure my technique will get better with time but when I am at the track, I don't want to mess around. I just want to throw the shifter up and right hard to get it into gear like I would on my old four-speed. Has anyone seen something like this before and/or know where to get an add-on kit? Thanks.

Being the car is new, the shift clearance is tight from one gear to another. As the car breaks in, and you get accustomed to the tight shift ratio, you'll notice it will shift much easier from 1-6. Give it some time... I went through the same learning curve. Now, I can shift fast, and never miss the proper gear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts