Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 A4 and noticed since the first day that when I go over bumps the shifter wobbles. I can't really wobble it by hand though. But this is annoying since I like to drive with my hand on the shifter (A4) and my hand is constantly rocking/wobbling over the bumps/uneven surfaces. Anyone else experience this or know why it is like that? Thanks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are you referring to the manual shifter or automatic. i have an automatic. my Z28 doesn't do this nor any other automatic i've driven/owned. i know manuals have some 'wobble'. i was just wondering if there is something wrong with mine or if they are all this way because of design. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I believe the shifter in the A4 may be directly attached to the tranny instead of being a remote mount like in most vehicles. This will account for the "wobble" and there's really nothing you can do short of rebuilding the entire console.

I like the wobble myself. It reminds me that the engine and tranny are set up for RWD just like God intended. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks for the info. I can live with it, I just wanted to make sure that it's 'normal'. I just noticed that everyone who replied to this post has an M6. That made me also think that there was something wrong with mine. (kinda like the A4 owners are saying, what the hell is this kid talking about....'wobble')

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.