Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repeat but I've been looking forever and cant confirm what my problem is. I've had an 04 M6 for about a year now and when i shift into first from a stop, i get a grinding noise when i'm depressing the clutch. I don't feel anything, just hear it. From what I've looked around it seems to be a throwout bearing but i'm not sure. What do y'all think? Any info would be much appreciated!

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
Stock shifter? It's not the throw-out bearing. Stop on flat ground, press the clutch pedal in, take your foot off of the brake and rev the engine. If there's any feeling of movement it may be the clutch, bleeding, etc. If not it could be the syncro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah i have a B&M short shifter. Its not the clutch then because i dont get any movement on flat ground with it pushed in. But ive noticed its only from neutral to 1st, not any other gears. I took it to a dealership to get fixed (among other things) and the guy was wondering if it could be exhaust rattle. But i figured that couldnt be it either because its only in 1st. What would i experience if it were the synchros? I appreciate your help!

Stock shifter? It's not the throw-out bearing. Stop on flat ground, press the clutch pedal in, take your foot off of the brake and rev the engine. If there's any feeling of movement it may be the clutch, bleeding, etc. If not it could be the syncro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts