Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have found a '65-'67 hood I've been looking for but the seller is unsure of how to ship it. He isn't familiar with the process at all and I'm fuzzy at best.

What would the best way to ship it be?
What's the best way to package it?
What does a stripped hood weigh before packaging?

thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
I may have found a '65-'67 hood I've been looking for but the seller is unsure of how to ship it. He isn't familiar with the process at all and I'm fuzzy at best.

What would the best way to ship it be?
What's the best way to package it?
What does a stripped hood weigh before packaging?

thanks

1. that would have to go truck freight pallet rate.
2. on a pallet
3. probably about 80 lbs
it will be expensive. probably at least 200. and expect it to get damaged.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Yellow motor freight. The seller MUST crate it well. Shipping will probably be $150-200.....from experiance. Eric P.S. Insure it also (cheap).

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I agree. Unless crated and padded, the liklihood of damage is extremely high. The cost of crating and shipping may well negate the purchase of the hood. You SHOULD be able to find a rust free hood in Texas......

·
Registered
855 Posts
I shipped one this year. Used the trucking company called Con-Way Freight. This is what my crate looked like once I had it boxed. I used carpet pad around the hood it self, and the guy called in two days and was very very happy. They picked it up in my driveway and in worked out real will. Driver had a work order so not sure what the cost was..Les

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 - 6 of 6 Posts