Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been buying a fair amount of stuff through Ebay lately. I bought a mint 67 GTO dash pad....cracked during shipping...US Postal Service.
I bought a no dents, no rust, door for a 67GTO.....dented, and creased during transit....UPS. Both were insured, but WTF!!!!!! :willy:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
AT least you got them. I bought an interior dome light and the guy sent me a Cevelle SS emblem for the grill. Going thru Ebay resolution now.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well you opened the flood gates.

I ordered a Rally II center cap from Ames Perf and was supposed to have it by last Wednesday. I called Friday morning and they said it had been shipped and left by my garage. WHAT! That is basically out in the open where anyone can get it.

After a second call, someone else did a little more checking, my part was delivered to someone else who had ordered the same thing. They got 2 and I got none!!

Now its on its way again.

What happens when you have insurance, and the parts are damaged during shipping? You can't use the parts anymore. Do you just get your money back? Do you keep the parts?

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The door i bought was shipped UPS. It was properly packed, marked fragile, and insured. It was an original 67 door, no rust, no dents. Now they say it was old and not worth the insured amount....they want to pay less than the insured amount !!! SO why bother to insure?? I am VERY angry :willy: The seller is trying to work with me and UPS to get the matter resolved.......I have a suggestion: STOP THROWING PARCELS AROUND THE WAREHOUSE AND TRUCK !!!!! E

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
There not from e-bay, but I`m on my 5th rear bumper now, they keep coming damaged. The place packs them awesome, but UPS keeps bouncing them on the ends and cracking the chrome under the taillight area. Finally now this last time it was cracked before shipping it back I built some brackets to fit around the outside of the bumper and mount to the bumper bracket bolt holes so if it gets bounced on it`s end again instead of bending the end of the bumper it will transfer that energy to the center of the bumper and spare the chrome.
I shouldn`t have to resort to such tactics to get a good bumper. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts