Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
I have the ceramic ones on my goat. I'm not sure how much of a power gain I got from them because my first dyno pull was after I had the headers, LPE intake and Magnaflow catback installed. 350 hp/350 tq at the wheels is what I got on the first pull. How much of that was from the headers... I don't know. But regardless, I was pleased with the results because the average rear wheel horsepower and torque that I've seen on stock '05's have been around 330/330. But one thing for sure is you'll save a lot of weight compared to the stock headers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I really liked the jba shorties when I had my 05 goat, I thought they definately added some power. I dont know exactly how much but I could tell the car had a bit more in it. If you are doing exhaust components a custome x pipe might be a good idea and easy mod for a local muffler shop.

I went with shorties because I was in california if emissions wasnt an issue I would of gotten long tubes.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You just can't beat the cost! Most headers for the GTO are $800-$1200. But I dono't wanna buy em if there is not (at least) a noticable power gain.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GTODEALER said:
If you live in California buy the shorties (carb legal) if you live anywhere else get longtubes!!:cheers
The longtubes arnnn't bolt on, are they? Or is there some cuttin and weldin involved? (no emissions laws in SC!!)

·
Registered
910 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
You just can't beat the cost! Most headers for the GTO are $800-$1200. But I dono't wanna buy em if there is not (at least) a noticable power gain.
Excellent point.........why bother with a shortie if gain is minimal, (which it is). Bite the bullet and get a good set of Kooks LT's. I have learned throughout the years of drag racing that it pays to do it right the first time. Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish. Save $$$$$ for the LT's

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GTODEALER said:
Hell no!!! The ones I sell are direct bolt on headers (with cat's)!!!!!! Call me for pricing, I'm running a special right now!
Under $800.?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BlueBomber said:
if steve can get them low enough for you then get them. my car woke up alot after i put the longtubes on. plus the sound, in my opinion, is awesome. i can't wait til friday when i get it dyno'd
What other mods do you have? I'd be curious what you dyno, since we have similiar cars.

·
Registered
127 Posts
so i took my car to get dyno'd this mornin and when i got there the guy doing the dyno says he's doesn't have anyway of actually tuning the pcm on the car. this kind of disappointed me but i decided to see how much my car was putting out, so we went ahead and ran it on the dyno. we did two runs my peak rwhp was 327.6, peak torque was 337.31 on the first run, and 313.3 rwhp, and 322.61 ft/lbs torque on the second run. do these numbers sound correct for the mods i have on the car? also, how do you convert these numbers to what is being put out at the crank?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
See, I don't get how GM advertised 350hp and 360ftlbs torque (stock) in 2004 when nobody I know has dynoed anywhere near there.:confused :confused :willy:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
PEARL JAM said:
See, I don't get how GM advertised 350hp and 360ftlbs torque (stock) in 2004 when nobody I know has dynoed anywhere near there.:confused :confused :willy:
They are talking about "crank hp". Most 04's dyno 290-300 rwhp stock, so, I'd say that the mods you have are working very well. With the rwhp and tq you are really close to 400 crank w/o a tune, tune it and she'll come alive!!:cheers

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.