Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I am rebuilding my engine using butlerperformance kit ect... its going to be a beast now Im wondering if I should buy a ram air kit from ebay or just leave it as is?

how much hp does a ram air kit give ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seen a ram air kit on ebay for $900 , would you need to buy anything else to convert to ram air? like manifolds ect...?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi DCparg, did you get your RA figured out? I will add that I am going to do this, so yes is my answer to your question. Some kits are more complete than others and I am sure you know by now that you have to cut the hood. The hood scoop inserts are different length to mate up to the 'flapper' that opens the air flow. A real complete kit will have the heat riser that attaches to the driver's side head and sits on the exhaust manifold.

The answer to your question about the manifold is 'it depends'. I think it would look more proper to have the HO/RA style manifolds - called 'factory headers'. However, it is not necessary other than to complete the heat riser.

Like I said, you probably got your answer, but I wanted to reply with my thoughts.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts