Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer and friend of the family just offered to sell me a brand new '04 Red A4 for $25,500. Is this a good deal? I'm thinking so but I need someone to give me an extra nudge to buy it. Man, you can't even buy a new Grand Prix for that cheap can you? Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think popular concensus here would be that you could do better. Seems like 23k or so may be more realistic, maybe even less. Especially being an A4. The dealer across the street has had numerous A4's on the lot marked at $25.5 or so, that's before any negociating.

·
Registered
39 Posts
That's OK. It's more what you're comfortable with. I probably overpaid for mine, but I don't care. It's done, and I enjoy writing that check every month. . . For reference I paid $22.5 +TTT for an 04 6m w/ 12K on the clock.

If you're not dead set on a manual, you will be able to find an 04 on someone's lot that they are ready to get rid of for less than that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Eman Yenohp said:
Um, isn't an "A4" an Audi??

Yes it is an Audi. And it is also an automatic four speed.

If you are going to pay 25 for an 04, I would just save up a little more and spring for an 05. If you do get an 04 espically now that we are getting into May I would think that you should be trying to get the car for around 22K.

·
Registered
153 Posts
For that kind of dough, make sure it has the "retro" package. I think that's what they call it (louvered hood, grill inserts, and new rear spoiler.)

Also, don't plan to sell it for a mighty long time (Check NADA on used ones, I'm sure the value went through the floor.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
tiresmoker said:
Get The 04 For 25k...the 05 Is Not Worth The Extra 7k...you Can Build A Lot More Than 50 Horse Power Than 50 For 7k!!
That is true... if a person is paying cash.
When financing... you dont have an instant $7K in cash to mod with... ;)

That being said... I will be getting an 04 :D

Jim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hold out for the 05

I was offered several 04 GTO's so the dealer could move them at $20,500 each about 3 months ago. At $25,000 you would still lose money. The 05 is far superior in every way. If you are considering a 04, purchase a low mile used one for high teens! If a small town dealer has several 05's on the lot, then they don't have a local market for late model muscle. They must not advertise on the internet either or they would be gone. In the midwest they are selling like hotcakes. I think most people get hung up on the Grand Am and Grand Prix looking grill and don't give the car a chance. They are very well built, high horse power and just plain fun to drive. I purchased my 05 that is currently being converted into a road racing car and just regret that I don't have another one for street use.........that may change! :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Redroadracer said:
... The 05 is far superior in every way..... :D
I fail to see this at all......curious of your rational..... :confused
Pardner....The 04 LS1 has tons of bolt on mods that are plentiful and not all that expensive....once bolted on....the 05 will be sucking your dust for quite some time to come....the mods for the LS2's are being sorted out and will be forthcoming for our 05 brothers:) The frames and chassis are the same....so I would go with the lower price and spend the money on the mods that are tried and true......you end up with a much better performing car for still less money than the 05's.....we will then have this conversation next year if we all get an 06:)

·
Registered
161 Posts
They just sold the last 04 at the local dealer. It was an M6 and it went for less than $20. 19,900 to be exact. Thats a lot of mod money to use on that 04. You could have yourself a rocket and still save money on the purchase of an 05.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.