Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an 04 M6 GTO, only 4200 miles, never seen rain, snow or salt, always garaged, perfect shape. I bought it new in July 04 and soon after I heard about the 400 hp 05 version and was kind of bummed, not that I don't like the 350 hp, it is powerful, but to say "400 hp" wow, that's alot of ponies.

So has anyone made the trade up from an 04 to either an 05 of 06? If so, was it worth it, in other worrds, can you really tell that much differance in performance from the ol seat of pants meter?

·
Registered
455 Posts
There's been a couple of threads on this forum about people wanting to do just what you are discussing. If you are interested in/willing/able to mod the vehicle, you can make up that 50HP differntial pretty easily, and even add more than that. I think if you try to sell your 04, most of them are going for low $20s that I see.. the price differential that you would lose could be dumped into enough mods to make up the HP difference and them some.

If you are wanting to keep the vehicle stock, and do not plan on modding ever, that is a different story. Not sure what the best case is there--you'll need to review the financials and see if it is worth the money loss for you.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My intention was to keep it a long time and leave it stock, but if I got an 06 and kept it stock for a long time, it may be worth a little more in the long run and to have the xtra 50 horses, bigger brakes, etc. would be cool.

So my initial question for those who know, when you went from an 04 to an 05 or 06, is the performance differance significant?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went from an 04 to an 06 and as far as performance difference....you'll probably never notice it, both cars are fast. The reason I changed was I went from an A4 to an M6 and IMO that was certainly worth it! Mine isn't a daily driver and the A4 just wasn't cutting it....and I just couldn't take the black anymore, just too much upkeep.

There's a bit more knowledge out there about the LS1 and a lot of parts, the LS2 a little less.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Keep Your 04

I have an 04 M6. This weekend a buddy of mine drove mine, and traded in his Chevy Silverado SS the next day for an 06 M6.

I rode in it several times, and there is really very little difference between the LS1 and LS2. The difference is subtle, if at all. It basically feels like it has a bit more pull at highway speed. The exhaust sound is also different at idle, I actually like the sound of my 04 exhaust better.

You're better off saving the money and adding mods to your 04, IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.