Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a car show this morning in Fort Worth at Bruce Lowrie Chevy. It's for the benefit of the Wounded Warrirors project.

I'm thinking the Beast needs to be there :cheers

Bear

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good for you Bear. Nice to see vets getting the recognition they deserve. As for car shows, its getting pretty chilly up this way. I think the season is over.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I reckon we did ok. Got a Top 3 trophy and also won a fancy Callaway golf bag in the raffle. I haven't played for years though...

The trophy is pretty cool :cheers

Bear

Attachments

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Wish I could have been there. I'm in Wichita falls on business, so it was a bad weekend for me

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Congrats and Very cool trophy. Not your typical carshow trophy for sure.

So are you going to put that golfbag on Craigslist and turn it into GTO parts :lol:?

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Congrats from the Left Coast, as well. Great that after all that hard work, you are out there enjoying your GTO, and best yet, sharing it with others who really appreciate it. As Terry -Thomas would say, "I say old man, GOOD SHOW!"

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Congrats and Very cool trophy. Not your typical carshow trophy for sure.

So are you going to put that golfbag on Craigslist and turn it into GTO parts :lol:?
That's not a bad idea! :agree I guess I should try to look it up and see what they sell for...
... according to the bar code, I found them online with a price ranging from $120 to $199.

I met a really nice guy at the show. He's got a 69 Camaro and also a new model. He had his new one there, but we spent a good bit of time talking about his old one. It was bought new from a now defunct dealership in Fort Worth by a guy who went into the service in Korea, and lost his life there. His family (mom?) stored the car and it sat untouched until this guy and his dad bought it. Apparently his dad is on this forum somewhere as he also has a 68/9 GTO, but I don't know his name - maybe he'll see this and say howdy. Anyway, it turns out that the son lives pretty close to the new place Laura and I just bought near Springtown. How cool is that?

Bear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts