Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GTO. I had new front tires put on, front end alignment, new front struts. After having the front struts replaced, upon leaving the dealer, where it was serviced, I noticed a loud shudder noise/grinding noise coming from the front end. The dealer claimed that the right tire was rubbing the fender well and then claimed that it is a bad power steering pump, and not the tire rubbing. My car has never made this noise before. I would have noticed it, as it is very bad. I have done a lot of research, and I found a video on YouTube that says if the spring seat, where orientation of spring is, the notch should face the engine of the car. If facing other direction, could cause the camber and caster to be incorrect, as well as the strut shaft being off center, causing the upper washer to come into contact with the strut top. Any ideas or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Gimmeyomoney...

That sounds about right. Don't these nincompoops ever test drive a vehicle after they do work to them anymore? I'd be driving it right back to them to fix it properly, AT THEIR COST!!! They did the screw up, they need to fix it. IMO, you paid their exorbitant dealer prices. They need to make good on this!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder if that grinding noise could be the spring twisting maybe it's not seated right??? ,they probably never marked it before takin it apart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts