1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
202 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Rippie 224/228 .581/.588 113*

User's name on the "other" forum is BaadGoat2006.

It's funny because I was perusing the cam posts over there and happened to view that video last night. So, it was pretty easy to find again...

·
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
202 Posts
I'm calling next week to most likely order the cam package from HPE. Comes with cam, retainers, springs,rods,lingenfelter cai,underdrive pulley,kooks 1 7/8" LT's,msd wires and plugs for I think $2350. They claim 410-420 at the wheels after a tune. We'll see soon I hope!

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
kwiktsi said:
Sad times when people are making cam choices based on sound :(. What about chosing the one that suits your needs/setup best? Sorry, I could be off base here, but that is the absolute WRONg way to choose a cam.
Joe
:agree After my Maggie is install, I'm going to get the best cam that compliments the supercharger while keeping emissions in mind. The Maggie is going to draw a lot of attention in itself with the whine. I don't need some outrageously oversized cam drawing attention too. Just remember folks that bigger is not always better especially when it comes to cams. I'm looking for efficiency, driveability and keeping the ride emissions legal not sound. But I have to admit I love the intimidating sound of a radical cam it's. There's nothing like it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
6QTS11OZ said:
:agree After my Maggie is install, I'm going to get the best cam that compliments the supercharger while keeping emissions in mind. The Maggie is going to draw a lot of attention in itself with the whine. I don't need some outrageously oversized cam drawing attention too. Just remember folks that bigger is not always better especially when it comes to cams. I'm looking for efficiency, driveability and keeping the ride emissions legal not sound. But I have to admit I love the intimidating sound of a radical cam it's. There's nothing like it.

Lol- when I saw you replied "oh great, I pissed him off again" was the first thing that came to mind :). Glad to see we agree this time :cheers .. As for the sound- I feel the same, nothing sounds as mean as a wildly cammed car- but that doesn't make it faster than one with a more "sedate" sound. Base your cam choice on needs, not sound and you'll get much better results.
Joe

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
kwiktsi said:
Lol- when I saw you replied "oh great, I pissed him off again" was the first thing that came to mind :). Glad to see we agree this time :cheers .. As for the sound- I feel the same, nothing sounds as mean as a wildly cammed car- but that doesn't make it faster than one with a more "sedate" sound. Base your cam choice on needs, not sound and you'll get much better results.
Joe
Yeah, I knew you would expect the worse before you read my post. I was shocked to see that we agree as well. But it just shows that just because we disagreed before doesn't mean we'll continue to. Even though we do disagree from time to time we're still family here. So :cheers back atcha.

·
Registered
569 Posts
MSTNGKILLA said:
I definatly would not buy a cam for the sound, I will pick a cam that perfectly matches what the car has and is going to be doing. U guys have any Idea's were I can get some info too find out what would be best for me?
Besides educating yourself on camshaft dynamics, head flow, valve size, VE, blah blah blah- it would be easier to just call an expert and tell them you need a cam. I would recommend Flowtech- he knows his stuff and can give you the appropriate grind.
Joe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.