Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, that's it. Saw the stupid lizard with the English accent about 800 times during the San Marino Grand Prix today.

"Free pie and chips? Wot? The last time I got a bit o' free pie from my best friend's sister -- I got a nasty little rash. Burned like the dickens every time I drained the weasel."

OK, I'm sold. Sheesh.

·
Registered
455 Posts
:lol:

Fortunately I have not seen that commercial.
I think the lizard is cute in a way, but Geico seems to advertise more than any other insurace company. They usually emphasize that they have the "lowest rates", but I think it's funny because when I got a quote from them in the past, they were the highest. A friend got a quote from them and also they were very high. I have since gotten a quote on another car just for grins--and sure enough they were one of the highest. I'm talking 1.5x to 3x as high as other standard insurance companies (Allstate, State Farm) too.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Geico donates radar and laser guns to police departments with the stipulation that they write tickets. Then they raise rates for the poor schmuck that just got nailed by a Geico gun. I've heard they are known for dropping people that get 1 ticket if it's 15 mph or more over the limit and they are really uncompetitive if you drive a high performance car.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah! I love how they say one 15 minute call can save you 15 percent or more on car Insurance. I have no wreck's or ticket's and their quote was almost three times higher then what I am currently paying with Farmer's Mutual.... Free Pie and Chips my A**...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Dragon 32 said:
Yeah! I love how they say one 15 minute call can save you 15 percent or more on car Insurance. I have no wreck's or ticket's and their quote was almost three times higher then what I am currently paying with Farmer's Mutual.... Free Pie and Chips my A**...
:lol:

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Whatever happened to the doltish guy that used to be in the commercials? Did I see where he was on a tv show this year?

I guess I could care less about Geico; their commercials mean nothing to me. I do admire the graphics work with the lizard though. My favorite is when he's talking to the REAL lizard and that lizard kind of licks it's lips. The Geico lizard makes a comment about the "theatrics". Pretty cool.

·
Registered
439 Posts
noz34me said:
Whatever happened to the doltish guy that used to be in the commercials? Did I see where he was on a tv show this year?

I guess I could care less about Geico; their commercials mean nothing to me. I do admire the graphics work with the lizard though. My favorite is when he's talking to the REAL lizard and that lizard kind of licks it's lips. The Geico lizard makes a comment about the "theatrics". Pretty cool.
you mean its eye?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts