Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Signal Bulb Socket Issue?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Hot_Rod 
#1 ·
I did some searching but need a quick answer... The pass side turn signal isnt working properly on the front.

The dim part of the bulb lights up when the signals on but doesnt flash on the bright side along with the dim like it should. Parking light also doesnt come on. Is it the socket itself?

I tried cleaning it with sensor cleaner but no change. and sometimes the bulb doesnt work at all. Changed bulbs too, nothing. When I wiggle the bulb it sometimes works but not 100%. OPG has 3 different versions of the socket also and need the correct one.

Thanks! :)

#3 ·
Verify the ground connection with a continuity test. These cars were awful when it comes to grounding issues.

#6 ·
It's only the pass side signal/parking light. All my other lights work w/out issue. Even the marker light on that side. I'm using 1157's.

I mess with the bulb and it lights up like its not making good connections inside the socket itself.

#7 ·
Had the identical issues with my parking lights and chased it all over. It was a ground wire issue. check the ground wire coming out of the socket. All grounds have to be clean, take some emory paper and sand the connector and the sheetmetal it connects too and make sure the screw is'nt covered in rust or paint.

My turn signal indicators on the dash were also malfunctioning, one would stay lit all the time, after fixing the ground problem that went away too.

Good luck OP! :cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.