Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if the skip shift eliminator that works for the C5/C6 Corvette also works for the GTO. Can anyone tell me?

·
Registered
143 Posts
skip shift

Yes the eliminators will work for both the corvette c5/6 manual transmissions and gto manual transmissions.. I have one of botha gto and a 2004 c5 both manuals both skip shift eliminators workon both cars. Or another not recomended version is to use the 2.2k 1/2 watt resistor you can get at the rad shack and place it in the connector of the car so the computer will think the solinoid is actually working. this method works just as well but looks terrible and the dealers might have something to say about it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I believe all the skip shift eliminator kits for all cars with it, 98-02 F-body, 04-06 GTO, and 97-06 vette, will work. It's just a resistor, many people i know have simply bought a resistor at radio shack and done it themselves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alptbird said:
Yes the eliminators will work for both the corvette c5/6 manual transmissions and gto manual transmissions.. I have one of botha gto and a 2004 c5 both manuals both skip shift eliminators workon both cars. Or another not recomended version is to use the 2.2k 1/2 watt resistor you can get at the rad shack and place it in the connector of the car so the computer will think the solinoid is actually working. this method works just as well but looks terrible and the dealers might have something to say about it.
Thanks, I have one sitting here for a Corvette and thought it would work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts