Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my old Formula I used a resistor instead of paying $30 for the skip shift eliminator, but I do not remember the resistor value. Does any one know what it is? Would like to go the same route on my 06 GTO.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
On my old Formula I used a resistor instead of paying $30 for the skip shift eliminator, but I do not remember the resistor value. Does any one know what it is? Would like to go the same route on my 06 GTO.
Don't know anything about a resistor, but the cags eliminator for the GTO is nowhere near 30.00. I think they are somewhere in the 12-16 dollar range.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have heard about installing a resistor from Radio Shack for about $4. But, I think the skip-shift eliminator wiring harness is a much easier and cleaner way to go. Shouldn't cost more that $20 and it's a 5 minute plug n play job.

Russ

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The skip eliminator is a resistor in a fancy package. A pack of four resistors at radio shack is fifty cents. I ran one on my formula for six years, I would rather not pay twenty or thirty bucks for something that is the cost of a pack of gum. If I can come up with the resistor value I will come back and share. Sorry if this sounds kind of negative, it is not meant too.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
The resistor works just fine you could have found some info on LS1 tech also. And SLP sales the CAGS elimnator for $30, I would have went the resistor route if I did not buy the programmer. To tell the truth I rarly saw mine come on before I tuned it out.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I did the Radio Shack resistor in my Goat 3 years ago. It was my first mod. After I pushed the resistor into the connector end, I capped it off with a thumbsized rubber plug, then sealed it with a small amount of RTV. Still works great.:cool

Bonus point: Can anyone tell me what RTV stands for? No internet cheating!!:D

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I did the Radio Shack resistor in my Goat 3 years ago. It was my first mod. After I pushed the resistor into the connector end, I capped it off with a thumbsized rubber plug, then sealed it with a small amount of RTV. Still works great.:cool

Bonus point: Can anyone tell me what RTV stands for? No internet cheating!!:D
Room Temp Vulcanizing something.:D
Can you tell me what WD-40 stand for?:D Sorry for the hijack this was tempting.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Room Temp Vulcanizing something.:D
Can you tell me what WD-40 stand for?:D Sorry for the hijack this was tempting.
Jackpot!
WD-40.......I always thought that it was named after the amazing chemicals used to create said product.

^
That was the type of BS answers I'd give in high school; never worked.:D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just installed my Cags eliminator....

...I got lazy and bought the one from PFYC. I did the same thing to my '92 Corvette when I had it. Well worth the money.:cool

1 - 14 of 14 Posts