Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry it was a s600 guys

raced a dirty benz last night haha guy was real cocky and well he picked on the wrong goat i just killed him we did a 100 roll though and he got me real bad i guess a v12 twin turbo will do that but besides that i killed him.

and by the way last night my friend crashed my car so no races for awhile not sure what the damage is yet but i know the rear is messe dup the tire was bent under the car

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you figure? i have 454rwhp in a way lighter car so please tell me whats so inconsistent about that? and honestly dude all you ever do is put negative stuff to what i write so how about you just dont look at my stuff anymore

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
how do you figure? i have 454rwhp in a way lighter car so please tell me whats so inconsistent about that? and honestly dude all you ever do is put negative stuff to what i write so how about you just dont look at my stuff anymore
Inconsistent? First you say... sl65-amg vs 2004 gto
sorry it was a s600 guys

Then..

raced a dirty benz last night haha guy was real cocky and well he picked on the wrong goat i just killed him we did a 100 roll though and he got me real bad i guess a v12 twin turbo will do that but besides that i killed him.

You say twice you killed him, yet the only race you describe you admit you lost real bad. No mention of how you "killed him". :rolleyes:

and by the way last night my friend crashed my car so no races for awhile not sure what the damage is yet but i know the rear is messe dup the tire was bent under the car

inconsistent?

You let a friend drive your GTO?? You don`t know the damage? You show no remorse over letting him drive, or should I say crash your car, no remorse that your GTO is crashed...like I said, inconsistencies and red flags.

...and I try to read every post on these forums.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I felt a brain tumor coming on when I read it also. Made no sense whatsoever.

·
Registered
730 Posts
You let a friend drive your GTO?? You don`t know the damage? You show no remorse over letting him drive, or should I say crash your car, no remorse that your GTO is crashed...like I said, inconsistencies and red flags.
why be remorseful over a crashed car if no one was injured? it's just a car whether it be a hyundai, daewoo, holden, or zr1. i've crashed mine twice and i can't say i have any remorse over it. i've even had to break in to mine. still no remorse.

anyway let's not be so negative towards jrad.

let's read some of those details on the kills you did twice. :cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i dont know the damage im going to the shop 2morrow because they were closed over the weekend. so dont worry ill find out all the details so i can tell you and you can stop complaining about everything ok just stop reading my post

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
LOL why is Rukee so happy, he even posted a thumbs up! hahaha :rofl: Keep awnnnn smellin' .... and whatever happend to the damage on your friend's Goat?

·
Registered
377 Posts
lol ok well its a true story sorry from the line i killed him and when we went from a 100 he got me by like 2 cars
So you killed him and then he killed you?

454rwhp in 3800lbs vs. 604 flywheel hp, 738ft lbs torque (underrated) in 4500lbs.

I doubt you're trapping deep into the 120s, 2nd race proved that.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
yea i dont know the damage im going to the shop 2morrow because they were closed over the weekend. so dont worry ill find out all the details so i can tell you and you can stop complaining about everything ok just stop reading my post
As far as the race went I don't care if you won or lose and I'm not here to call bs to your story. I would like to see pics of the damage though. Can you post pics? If you post pics at least a part of your story will be proven.

·
Registered
730 Posts
So you killed him and then he killed you?

454rwhp in 3800lbs vs. 604 flywheel hp, 738ft lbs torque (underrated) in 4500lbs.

I doubt you're trapping deep into the 120s, 2nd race proved that.
454 rwhp in a goat would be about 567 at the fly 33 less than the amg sl65 which is 700 lbs more. should have been a pretty nice dogfight with the advantage towards the amg car since they are usually set up pretty efficiently. i'm not here to call BS or to stand on a soap box but by the numbers it looks as if what he says should be true. amg didn't have enough traction to roll on him down low but at the 100 mph mark seems like no one was traction limited and the amg prevailed. i've never seen an amg sl65 in action, but from what i have heard i'd say it sounds pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
377 Posts
454 rwhp in a goat would be about 567 at the fly 33 less than the amg sl65 which is 700 lbs more. should have been a pretty nice dogfight with the advantage towards the amg car since they are usually set up pretty efficiently. i'm not here to call BS or to stand on a soap box but by the numbers it looks as if what he says should be true. amg didn't have enough traction to roll on him down low but at the 100 mph mark seems like no one was traction limited and the amg prevailed. i've never seen an amg sl65 in action, but from what i have heard i'd say it sounds pretty reasonable.
If you think there is 20% loss in the drivetrain, I've got a nice bridge to sell you too.

Considering the OP also said it was a SL600 but provided virtually no details, it's not even worth debating.

·
Registered
730 Posts
If you think there is 20% loss in the drivetrain, I've got a nice bridge to sell you too.

Considering the OP also said it was a SL600 but provided virtually no details, it's not even worth debating.
well let's see, when i dynoed my 06 which is said to have 400/400 i got 317, 319 for numbers. this was in january 2007. let's do the math.

400-317 = 83.
83 /400 *100 = 20.75%
400-319= 81.
81/400*100=20.25%

so i not only THINK there is 20% drivetrain loss, i KNOW from experience there is that 20% drivetrain loss. so sell your bridges then i've got a demolition crew for you! i'd almost like to pull the engine and just dyno the engine to see what i come up with just to make sure my engine isn't making 320 hp and i'm losing less than 20% in the drivetrain.:cheers

·
Registered
377 Posts
well let's see, when i dynoed my 06 which is said to have 400/400 i got 317, 319 for numbers. this was in january 2007. let's do the math.

400-317 = 83.
83 /400 *100 = 20.75%
400-319= 81.
81/400*100=20.25%

so i not only THINK there is 20% drivetrain loss, i KNOW from experience there is that 20% drivetrain loss. so sell your bridges then i've got a demolition crew for you! i'd almost like to pull the engine and just dyno the engine to see what i come up with just to make sure my engine isn't making 320 hp and i'm losing less than 20% in the drivetrain.:cheers
Did you happen to find out what M6 cars dyno'd at that location? Was it a Mustang dyno? Do you really think the performance difference between the M6 and A4 is 20hp+ AND gearing? Do you think a lock-up torque converter doesn't close the gap significantly from a the days of 2 & 3 speed autos from the 60s? What do other A4s dyno at?

Answer those questions and I'll bet 20% seems awfully pessimistic.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Did you happen to find out what M6 cars dyno'd at that location? Was it a Mustang dyno? Do you really think the performance difference between the M6 and A4 is 20hp+ AND gearing? Do you think a lock-up torque converter doesn't close the gap significantly from a the days of 2 & 3 speed autos from the 60s? What do other A4s dyno at?

Answer those questions and I'll bet 20% seems awfully pessimistic.
another m6 car dynoed at 525 at the same location but it was an 04 with procharger. as far as performance difference betwixt the two, as the brochure says, there's virtually no difference between the two so take your pick. so NO it's not the 60's 70's nor 80's where an auto or manual would make a performance difference. look at various track times for equal mods and the numbers are pretty close. sure one can come up with a thousand and one questions on why something can't be so. who's to say jrad's dyno was correct? there's plenty of variables and dyno tricks that can be done to produce higher and lower numbers. give you an example. the first one of my car was at 317, the second went to 283, the 3rd run went to 305. all from simple playing with some figures. i still feel like 15-20% is a decent bet, and 20% losses is what i'll use just from experience.:lol:

out of respect for jrad, i'm not posting anymore that doesn't pertain to his race :cheers sorry man

1 - 20 of 25 Posts