Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just about got to see how expensive front end repairs are today when my foot slipped off the clutch. I had just got in the car and the bottom of my tennis shoe was wet but it just slipped right off the clutch. No problem I caught the goat before it fed on a oldsmobile in front of me.

Later I noticed that my foot slid around on the brake and gas petals too. It is those rubber numbs that are slippery when wet. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know of anything that can be rubbed or sprayed on the nubs? (that sounds kind of rude doesn't it?)

B

·
0 Posts
actually, rip em off and use adhesive to put sandpaper on your pedals. Yeah its redneckish but it works!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY..............BIG MIKE. Gee, thanks.

Should I use the brown or black kind? I have the petals ripped off...awaiting your reply

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dear Big Mike...

OK, now what, I got brown wrapped around where my petals "used" to be and held on by black duct tape. It looks really good! Thanks! ...but, the duct tape is more slippery than the original petals were :confused :confused

BTW, I got a nice set of goat petals available on eBay now....lol

Seriously ... what can I do about slippery petals. There are big storms coming through GA tonight. My feet and petals will be wet again tomorrow. Slippage is not kewl.

B

·
0 Posts
adhesive! Duct tape????

dude, do this. That duct tape roll is probably pretty thick, so cut a strip in half and put it around the pedal tightly on top and bottom but leave the center nothing but sandpaper. It should work just fine!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just went for a drive in my bare feet to test out your "mod"...now all the callouses on the bottom of my feet are rubbed off......yeowch!

B

·
0 Posts
see....now your being sarcastic. Be glad i didnt tell you to use the black stuff! :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think I've figured out the problem. If your spelling has any significance (i.e., "petals" versus "pedals"), you appear to have some sort of vegetative matter interfering with the proper operation of your vehicle. Very slippery.

·
Registered
33 Posts
maybe your shoes are the problem, my old tennis shoes slip off the petals when wet too so i put my boots on and they have no problem staying on the gas and brake when wet
boots are also better at stomping on the flowers growing down there

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks GM kid, I'll pick the pedals our of my petals and try again...

Marine, but they are my lucky shoes.

Actually, I have now tried with two pairs of tennis shoes and the same problem. I'm going to scrub them down (and my shoes) with some dawn dishwashing soap to remove any oil or grease that could be on them. I guess I am the only one in existance with this issue? Oh well, not the first time. Good news is no wet weather in the forcast.

Big Mike, no sarcasm, you are my hero :agree

B

·
0 Posts
I got it, PERFECT solution. Get some golf shoes, drill some holes in your pedals to match and BAM. Your locked into that pedal !!! lol

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Big Mike..... for the hundredth time. Most of us have Manuals. THREE PEDALS!!!!! LOL!!!!

By the way GM KID. I was so looking forward to getting them off their flowery thread. LOL

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice solution! I like it.

c'mon, this flowery thread can die...but before it does, i just want ONE person to admit their foot has slipped off their petals!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts