Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me, or has there been a problem with this website for the past two or three weeks? It's so slow to load that sometimes it just won't until I hit "refresh" several times. The computer I use during the day is even more of an issue (more firewalls), and I can't even open up the site. I have no problems whatsoever with other forums and websites, just this one. It takes so long to open and to download posts, I don't do it as much as I used to. Is anybody else experiencing this?? Thanks!
Jeff:eek:

·
Registered
220 Posts
For me, I occasionally try to view a page on the forum, and it just loads a big white blank area. then I hit refresh and it comes up. Things generally are slow to open anyway.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not sure what it is, but this site has always been quite slow compared to several other forums that I regularly visit. On other sites the pages load instantaneously, but this site usually takes 8-10 seconds every time I switch pages. I don't come here as often because of it.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
85SS...I had that issue with this forum when I was using Time Warner's modem/router...bought my own modem and router and it cured it and increased speed for other sites as well. Rick

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
85SS, I am experiencing exactly the same thing. This is the slowest website I visit. The others are instant, and I have the highest speed Comcast system available. (and it costs $$$!)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
yes it seems it is the advertising, since the page is contacting the ad suppliers I am usually waiting for ad2turn or some other one fill in the banner ad so the page can keep loading. love it

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
I have an instant response. Might have something to do with being a member. I don't have to deal with ads.....

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
Yeah, it acts weird for me sometimes too - doing the things that others have mentioned. I've pretty much just accepted it as being "normal" for the site and just deal with it.

Bear

·
Registered
283 Posts
It seems worse if you aren't logged in. I've had plenty of times it stops loading after displaying the add. After numerous refresh attempts I'll log in and then the content finally appears. If I'm on my phone I don't like to mess with logging in. But not logged in at home does this too.

·
Registered
220 Posts
One thing I found that helped was when I switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox, and enabled "pipelining," the pages loaded much quicker. I am noticing the issues even with FF, but if you are still using IE, ditch that garbage. I used to defend IE against all the haters, but it became worse and worse with each updated version.

Firefox and pipelining for the win!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts