Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I noticed on the SLP Kit there is a dentlike everyone was discussing on here. You all said to make room for clearance or what not. Will i gain anything from gettin this kit then??? :confused :confused Also what are the best mods to get for an Automatic( i was thinking first two things--catback and diablo programmer)

Thanks
Blake

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
04BlkGto said:
I noticed on the SLP Kit there is a dentlike everyone was discussing on here. You all said to make room for clearance or what not. Will i gain anything from gettin this kit then??? :confused :confused Also what are the best mods to get for an Automatic( i was thinking first two things--catback and diablo programmer)

Thanks
Blake
That's surprising. You would expect the crimps/dents to be eliminated on an aftermarket system. The MagnaFlow system I have had no crimps and it cleared everything.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
04BlkGto said:

Thanks
Blake
No, and before you buy it pm me! :cheers

G

·
Here is some GREAT reading for anyone considering a converter.

http://www.converter.cc/faq/faq.htm

YANK SUPER STOCK 3200

245mm, 3200 stall, 2.1 STR) The Yank Super Street 3200 is for enthusiasts running stock gears, but want more "thrust" off the line. It bridges the gap between the Stealth 3000 and will hit the tires harder for excellent throttle response.

$775

BUT, if your serious, hit up one of the guys here as I am CERTAIN they can beat the price !!!

G

·
a converter goes between the motor and transmission, is NOT something you want to tackle if you never have before. Pay someone, its a nominal fee and insures the job is done right.

What it will do is give quicker acceleration, make the car more fun to drive, and put a smile on your face bigger than what you had the day you bought it!

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
big_mike said:
a converter goes between the motor and transmission, is NOT something you want to tackle if you never have before. Pay someone, its a nominal fee and insures the job is done right.

What it will do is give quicker acceleration, make the car more fun to drive, and put a smile on your face bigger than what you had the day you bought it!
is this what i here when peeps say chage the gearing? :cheers

G

·
Nope, gears are in the rearend, and is a mechanical change. A converter is a hydraulic change, as it changes how the trans fluid is interpreted by the transmission.

G

·
no can do sir, an auto does not have a "flywheel" it has a very lightweight "flexplate". Only a manual has a flywheel. Believe me, a simple 3000 stall converter will be impressive! Let me give you a rundown.

STOCK CONVERTER:

idle at 500rpm, slam the gas, tach goes up to 2500 or so, then builds up to 6000rpm, shifts, drops back down to 3500 or so, builds back up to 6000, shifts, drops down to 3000 and takes FOREVER to build back up to 6000 again.

3000 STALL CONVERTER

idle at 500rpm, slam the gas, tach goes to 5500rpm and stays there until the trans shifts, building speed incredibly quick, shift, tach drops to maybe 5000 rpm.

Advantage to this is at 5000 your making close to MAX HP at all times, whereas with the stock converter, it has to build up to that power.

Did I make that easy to understand? I see your on yahoo, hit me up at rmikek. I can go over more details with ya.

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
big_mike said:
no can do sir, an auto does not have a "flywheel" it has a very lightweight "flexplate". Only a manual has a flywheel. Believe me, a simple 3000 stall converter will be impressive! Let me give you a rundown.

STOCK CONVERTER:

idle at 500rpm, slam the gas, tach goes up to 2500 or so, then builds up to 6000rpm, shifts, drops back down to 3500 or so, builds back up to 6000, shifts, drops down to 3000 and takes FOREVER to build back up to 6000 again.

3000 STALL CONVERTER

idle at 500rpm, slam the gas, tach goes to 5500rpm and stays there until the trans shifts, building speed incredibly quick, shift, tach drops to maybe 5000 rpm.

Advantage to this is at 5000 your making close to MAX HP at all times, whereas with the stock converter, it has to build up to that power.

Did I make that easy to understand? I see your on yahoo, hit me up at rmikek. I can go over more details with ya.
i cant seem to sign on to yahoo right now. will this converter void warrnty :willy:

G

·
Quoted directly from http://www.converter.cc/faq/faq.htm

Will the Yank Converter affect my warranty?

6. That depends on the dealer. All Yank Performance Converters exceed the manufactures specifications for strength and durability. A dealer should not deny warranty coverage for your converter. If however, you have further concerns, the Stealth Yank Converter is housed in the factory converter case and left the factory color...making it indistinguishable from your stock converter...at least in appearance!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
big_mike said:
Quoted directly from http://www.converter.cc/faq/faq.htm

Will the Yank Converter affect my warranty?

6. That depends on the dealer. All Yank Performance Converters exceed the manufactures specifications for strength and durability. A dealer should not deny warranty coverage for your converter. If however, you have further concerns, the Stealth Yank Converter is housed in the factory converter case and left the factory color...making it indistinguishable from your stock converter...at least in appearance!
That is cool as hell, a "stealth" converter....

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.