Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed a loudmouth cat back . sounds awsome!! and very simple install, and fit and finish is very good,one tip is, put the suplied black rubber hangers on the exhuast first, then attach to stock hangers, and be sure to grease them as they fit VERY tight. it took me about 1 and a half hours to install ,and could do it again in about 45 min. :cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm Strongly Leaning Towards The Slp Loudmouth. How Loud Is It? I Had A Set Of Flowmasters On A T/a Ws6 I Used To Have And I Loved Them, But The Wife Thought They Were Too Loud. Another Member Put The Loudmouths On And Said They Were Awesome As Well. Thanks Brian

·
Registered
58 Posts
lambertgoat said:
i believe you can't go wrong with a set of flowmaster 40 series....cheap and better performance
Had a set of flowmasters and 2 1/4 dual exhaust on a 340 Duster - loved the sound.

Anyone have a good sample of flowmasters on the LS1?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i doesnt sound like a old hot rod with chambered mufflers. i dont think its too loud but its close, it sounds more like a pissed off lamborginia on steriods.this thing gets peoples attention!! and if you want to go back to stealth mode just short shift it and your set.the nice thing about the slp system is you can upgrade to headers or different mufflers and it all designed to work together.

·
Registered
185 Posts
GTO_Newbie said:
Had a set of flowmasters and 2 1/4 dual exhaust on a 340 Duster - loved the sound.

Anyone have a good sample of flowmasters on the LS1?
flow master has a great new muffler on their site but it's like 200 a piece
i think it was called hush power 2 or something like that, really nice sound, plus a new evolution of 40 series, the sound wave was on an ls1 i believe

i placed a link to the site in another thread

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cat back systems are nice but the're abit pricey. I think I'd rather just by a set of headers, u can get slp mid length hdrs with pipes or cats to bolt rite to the stock muffler pipes they cost somewhare around $850-$1,000 and I think u would get better performace but thats not for everyone. Sence the gto already has a pretty nice cat back system on it what I plan on doing very soon is bying long tube headers (mid length hdrs are pobly easier to put on) they come with pipes to mate rite to the stock flange on the muffle pipes they cost $850.00 I'm pretty sure I'll get more perform that way than with a cat back system and cost less, and when I do change mufflers, FlowwMaster for sure hehehe. If u want to see these headers go to www.LMPperformance.com click on 04 gto they got alot of performance goodies.

·
Registered
212 Posts
FLHT3-

Is there any way you can give us some videos of the exhaust at idle, and cruising? I'm looking pretty hard at this exhaust, and can't decide if it's going to be too loud or not. Any input would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whiteshadow said:
FLHT3-

Is there any way you can give us some videos of the exhaust at idle, and cruising? I'm looking pretty hard at this exhaust, and can't decide if it's going to be too loud or not. Any input would be much appreciated!
i am low tech, and have no way to make a video. i will say ,the loud mouth is awsome, it gets people attention!!!!feel free to ask me any questions. : :cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
flht3 said:
i am low tech, and have no way to make a video. i will say ,the loud mouth is awsome, it gets people attention!!!!feel free to ask me any questions. : :cheers
So which way should I go i was all set to go with the loudmouth but now peeps r sayin flowmaster. I want a loud head turning sound, that sounds like a real muscle car. I also want a loud sound when the car first starts up, and a loud sound upon acceleration. So guys which way do i go there are some discounts on the loudmouth online. Or is it flowmaster, and if i go flowmaster what series do i go.....thanx

·
Registered
9 Posts
We could wipe your ass for you when your done as well. Just make a decision and go with it. Why do you ask the forum members which one to get. Look at the signatures and do the research on all available systems and.....make the choice yourself.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would get the Loudmouth im not too impressed with some of flowmasters products. and marty lay off a little he is just trying to make a decision and there is quite a bit of money involved.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Marty-

For myself personally, I want to be able to hear an exhaust before I buy it. I absolutely hate the chambered sound (Flowmasters on a Mustang) and don't like a real deep bellow (Borlas on a Corvette). I just like something that sounds crisp and powerful (Corsa on a Corvette.) The Corsa system for the GTO is hideous IMO. I really can't get turned on by the two tip options. If they had a stock looking exhaust like the SLP system, I'd be all over the Corsa setup regardless of the three hundred bucks on top.

I guess you can rag on a guy all you want, but for someone who hasn't heard the different exhausts, I'm just trying to get a few of my own questions answered by someone who KNOWS what they're talking about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Whiteshadow,

I absolutely agree with you. My response was for the dude who wants people to tell them with system to buy. I agree with your statement fully.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Marty, First of all ur an a** hole!!! I know in the end I am gonna my own decision but before i go out and spend a signifigant amount of money i would like to so some homework on the subject. I thought that, that was what this site was all about, gettin feeback and or opinions of others. But its good to see you are in such a good mood this holiday season. If you are not gonna bring anything of relavence to the subject, then just shut the fcuk up and mind ur own.........God I hate miserale A** Holes like u............Have a happy holiday season...J$%^ Off

·
Registered
353 Posts
:agree This site is to help people with their questions about the GTO. Not to get ragged on by people with a HUGE chip on their shouldier. -Merry Cristmas-

·
Registered
353 Posts
Your Welcome. I know how it feels. I like to do my research before I by something where it is for a car or whatnot. Some people you just have to ignore.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts