Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well yesterday me and a buddy tore out the whole exhaust system and put in slps long tubes and loudmouth 2 cat back. it was pretty much straight foward as for headers go. the only real problem i had was that when i tried to get the front 2 o2 sensors out, i pretty much riped the threads right off. it was like they where cross threaded in. then came the problem of finding o2 sensors for a 06 on a sunday. :willy: but in the end it was worth it because now it sounds just plain nasty.:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i can find a video camera or something that will record sound i will post

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just installed the SLP LTs and the Loudmouth on mine and I had the same problem with a crossthreaded O2. Also one of the factory pipes that went over the rear end was crushed and it looks like it was installed like that from the factory. Any one else have problems like these?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alptbird said:
Did you install the long tubes with the cated mid pipes or just the race mid pipe? I am about to order my long tubes and am having a hard time deciding witch way to go. How loud is it? Droney?

i have the high flow cats on mine. its loud enough to get the attention of every one around. my buddy said that when i jump on it he can hear me from a couple blocks away, he also said he knows its me because it has a very unique sound.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Brazen said:
Did you guys install the headers yourself or pay to have them installed?

I am really trying to justify the costs:willy:

We did mine in my buddys garage on jack stands. It wasn't that bad. I think the biggest pain in the ass for us was droping the rack, because i didn't really want to open the system. What really saved us alot of time through the whole install was the battery powered impacts we picked up from sears. If anyone has the 19.2 volt craftsman drills then u can get a impact from them for 75 bucks and u don't have to worry about air compressers or hoses.We tested them out to see what they could loosen, and it will remove the lugnuts torqued to 100 ft pounds off the car fairly easily.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Brazen said:
Did you guys install the headers yourself or pay to have them installed?

I am really trying to justify the costs:willy:
We did the SLP L/T with Hi Flow cats and we installed them in a day without rushing..... If you are mechanically inclined and you never did one before, it shouldn't take more than a day and a half.... The toughest part is reconnecting the rack and if you take it slow you won't have any problems...

Andrew

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.