Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am about to buy a goat and I wanted to know if the SLP Performance Packages Kill gas mileage....I am going to buy all my parts before I get my car, which I am gettin in april let me know.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I wouldn't even bother with them, personally. It consists of a lot of parts that you'll be regretting later. Especially at the prices they want. Whatever way you slice it, $3k is a lot of money for 55 claimed horsepower.

I suggest before blindly going with a proprietary collection of boltons, you get involved in the forums a little. You can learn a lot just trolling through them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have had mine a year now and am still waiting for the mods that grab me at the right price.

I am leaning towards a highflow drop in filter, 160 thermostat and LT headers. Followed by a tune and possible cam swap. Based on all I have read will probalby be the best dollar to hp ratio.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
SLP package doesn't really kill fuel economy, it's the way you'll drive it....
Done some and liked the results, the mods you get will lay a decent foundation for major mods in the future (the only mod you may not want is the rockers in case you do a cam...).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts