Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody eff their car up when they 'lift' the lock instead of putting it in park?

When i first got my GTO, i had nooo idea that would eff it up.
Took me two months to figure it out =/
(and about four trips to the mechanic)

In other cars you can generally do this...

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Does anybody eff their car up when they 'lift' the lock instead of putting it in park?

When i first got my GTO, i had nooo idea that would eff it up.
Took me two months to figure it out =/
(and about four trips to the mechanic)

In other cars you can generally do this...

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by lifting the lock instead of putting it in park?

·
Registered
71 Posts

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by lifting the lock instead of putting it in park?
I think they are refering to unlocking the door by hand instead of putting the car in park and letting the doors unlock automatically.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think you can...

..change the preferences on the car where the doors will not lock themselves. I am not sure as I have a 6-speed, but I thought I saw it in the manual, I may be wrong, however as I often am:D

Did I mention that I hate cars that lock the doors themselves? If I want them locked, I'll lock 'em.:mad: :lol:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Did I mention that I hate cars that lock the doors themselves? If I want them locked, I'll lock 'em.:mad: :lol:
You'd like my Cobalt LS. Roll-up windows and manual door locks, no expensive remote-control key. :lol:

I just experienced something I hadn't in a while... front-drive torque steer and spinning the inside front wheel when making a quick right turn from a standstill.

I miss my GTO. :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts