Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the large port goes to the AIR unit.
where does the other go?
PCV?
thanks as always
:rofl:

Attachments

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
No, it does not go to the PCV. The smaller port with the flange goes to the hose that goes to the heads. The bigger one may be missing the intake filter....I think it's the intake port, but will need to check. 1967 was a little while back, and it's hard for me to remember.....

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Topkat, I'm staring at an original copy from the PMD assembly manual, and it shows your smog pump and all the hoses, and where they go, etc. The Big outlet on the pump is indeed the intake hose, and it connects by tube to the air cleaner housing. California cars have a special air cleaner assembly. I can't figure out how to post photos on this thread to save my life, so if you PM me, I can scan this stuff and mail it to you, or even email it to you from my home PC.
Jeff

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Top, I'm going to try and scan my diagram and try to email it to you later tonight/tomorrow night (crazy busy around here). If theat does not work, I will contact you and go snail mail.....
Jeff

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Topkat, I was able to scan and email you two illustrations from the manual. Should give you a pretty good idea of what and where. Good luck.........
Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts