Registered
491 Posts
johnebgoode said:
No lights on:

Tail lamps only:

Signal lamps:

Brakes lamps:
Nice!:eek:

b.t.w. Hope you don't mind this question...it doesn't pertain to your lamps, but it's up your alley. What's the best wax/polish for these Torrid Red GTOs? I don't know if it's even clearcoated, but I do see some of that "blushing" here and there. It's not too bad. My concern is all the little *scratchies* that are on the finish...probably bad washing jobs at the dealership? So far, I haven't let it get dirty to the point that wand washing can't do a good job, so I know I haven't put any of the scratchies there. I usually wax a car about once a year, and I keep my car garaged at home and at work. I don't know the actual difference in the terms wax and polish anymore. I just don't want to make it look worse than it already does. Thanks.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best wax I have found that lasts is Mother's california Gold with carnuba. Other's say that Zymoil and Maguiars is good to but I have never used it. As far as the blushing is concerned, try to get a hold of a commercially rated heat gun and use it on affected panel(s). Constantly moving it so you dont damage clearcoat. Dont make it too hot. Other's have taken this advise and have had excellent results. The scratches may have to be wet sanded and polished , but I can't tell with seeing vehicle. Do not attempt the sand and polishing yourself. Bring it to a professional

·
Registered
491 Posts
johnebgoode said:
The best wax I have found that lasts is Mother's california Gold with carnuba. Other's say that Zymoil and Maguiars is good to but I have never used it. As far as the blushing is concerned, try to get a hold of a commercially rated heat gun and use it on affected panel(s). Constantly moving it so you dont damage clearcoat. Dont make it too hot. Other's have taken this advise and have had excellent results. The scratches may have to be wet sanded and polished , but I can't tell with seeing vehicle. Do not attempt the sand and polishing yourself. Bring it to a professional
Thanks. I'll try Mother's...but do you need to go thru their 3 stage process? I noticed that the wax is listed as #3 in the process.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Nice...and welcome to the club!

Be advised that I was pulled over once at night and given a warning due to the dimmed output. I replaced the OEM bulbs with higher-wattage Hyperwhites and that is much better. DO NOT use halogens-- they will melt the lenses...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.