Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed the Holley Sniper Quadrajet EFI on my 69 GTO. I installed the Taurus 2 speed cooling fan with a Volvo fan controller and hooked up the low speed to the Sniper #1 output and the high speed to the #2 output. The high speed works great just like it should ( tons of air). The low speed #1 output though is not coming on. If I run my test light from the negative battery post to the low speed wire at the controller I can hear click and the fan comes on. Anyone that has installed the Sniper EFI have any idea what could be going on? Anybody really! Thank you Allen

·
Registered
568 Posts
No one out there running Holley Sniper EFI with an electric cooling fan?
Sorry haven't been on in a while. Did you test the Holley output #1 to make sure it's sending a ground output when the "temp on" temperature is met?

If it is, then the issue is with something past that and not the holley. It would be helpful for you to layout exactly how you have it wired with the controller. Also the part number of the controller and fans will be helpful in diagnosing the problem.
Also, you dont need an additional controller to operate the fans in a "2 speed" mode. You can accomplish the same thing with 3 simple automotive relays. It's actually how the factory setup the 2 speed fan function on '04-'06 gtos.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts