Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw some guy in his little lotus elise with his gf just cruisin around. I love killing cars like that so I quickly catch up to him to humble him. I drive by him and toss a rev in his gf's window. They look at me and stay behind. A little ways up the road we happen to catch a red light side by side.......I put out a 4.5K rev and bounce it off there twice to make the car buck. He looks over at me and kinda smirks and shakes his head like he'd destroy me. He wouldn't go. He lives in the area and I've seen him once or twice before. Next time I find this guy I am yelling out my window whatever it takes to make him run me....and when I put him in his place Im going to tell him he should have bought a V8.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Saw some guy in his little lotus elise with his gf just cruisin around. I love killing cars like that so I quickly catch up to him to humble him. I drive by him and toss a rev in his gf's window. They look at me and stay behind. A little ways up the road we happen to catch a red light side by side.......I put out a 4.5K rev and bounce it off there twice to make the car buck. He looks over at me and kinda smirks and shakes his head like he'd destroy me. He wouldn't go. He lives in the area and I've seen him once or twice before. Next time I find this guy I am yelling out my window whatever it takes to make him run me....and when I put him in his place Im going to tell him he should have bought a V8.
He's probably a car nut as well, but with an Elise he may spend more time road coursing or enjoying twistys somewhere. Surely its not a daily driver.

Without the GF in the car, he'd likely be more willing to give it a go... particularly if there was a curve ahead after the light...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Your calling him a snob because he wouldnt race you!? Thats pretty sad. :lol: He might not of been shaking his head cause he thought he could destroy you but more like shaking his head cause you were acting like a little kid. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I think he was shaking his head telling you he wasn't going to run. But like mentioned above, you might take him on the drag, but thats what our cars are built for. In his case, he would love to catch you in a road coarse and tell you, you should have bought a 4 banger that weights less than 2,000 pounds. Catch him and talk to him about it, he might actually be a cool guy.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he was shaking his head telling you he wasn't going to run. But like mentioned above, you might take him on the drag, but thats what our cars are built for. In his case, he would love to catch you in a road coarse and tell you, you should have bought a 4 banger that weights less than 2,000 pounds. Catch him and talk to him about it, he might actually be a cool guy.
I tried to tell him his car was nice while we were at the light. He acted like he couldn't hear me. He was a deusche and I would have really enjoyed whoopin up on him. Ah, well.

How far is Chesapeake from VA Beach? I will be in VA Beach in two weeks visiting my wife. You should run my T/A :D
What you got in your T/A? I'd love to run you!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I tried to tell him his car was nice while we were at the light. He acted like he couldn't hear me. He was a deusche and I would have really enjoyed whoopin up on him. Ah, well.

What you got in your T/A? I'd love to run you!
Nothing too much. Pretty much just full bolt ons and a mild cam. I want to see how it stacks up against a tuned GTO cause I havent found anyone to drive mine and run me.

My GTO I have the same mods you do plus ported TB and Intake

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nothing too much. Pretty much just full bolt ons and a mild cam. I want to see how it stacks up against a tuned GTO cause I havent found anyone to drive mine and run me.

My GTO I have the same mods you do plus ported TB and Intake
I have an intake too...intake and tune :). You will def beat me. Why the heck do you wana run? lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
^^^
I dont know it should be a good race. I raced a full bolt on t/a without the cam and he was barly pulling on me up to 120mph he had his hood past me.(great race) it was automatic. My mods were air intake and borla exhaust (m6):cheers

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sometime in may. Are there any good tracks close to yall? The air sucks here most of the time
There is an 1/8 mile about 40 minutes from me in Elizabeth City NC...the closest 1/4 mile is about an hour and a half away. Too far but the 1/8 mile is lame to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts