Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure this is one of those things that will help us get to know each other, and maybe find someone close with the same interests.

Anyways I will start.

I am a Private Pilot with around 120 hours in Cessna 150-152-172s, and am working on my instrument. I am also going to be joining the navy when I graduate college here pretty soon. I will (hopefully) be an Officer and will be training as an NFO (Naval Flight Officer [think Goose from Top Gun]).

I am an avid shooter and have a bunch of guns. Here is a list of what I have: H&K P2000(full size) .40 cal, 2 H&K P2000s(sub-compact) one in 9mm and one in .40, 2 Springfield Armory XD sub-compacts one in 9mm and one in .40 cal, a Springfield Micro Compact .45, a Kimber Compact CDP II 1911 .45, an H&K USP full size .40, a Remington 20 guage shotgun, a ruger 10/22 .22 rifle, a Remington Model 597 in .22 and one in .17HMR (great caliber), an Arsenal SLR-95 (Romanian AK-47), and a Pre-Ban Colt AR-15 Sporter with a 20inch match grade barrel and Bi-pod with an extra upper with a 16 inch bbl and collapsable stock(my favorite gun). I might have forgot some, but that is what I can think of right now.

I am also a PADI advanced open water certified SCUBA diver with a good number of dives under my belt. My favorite dive ever was in Belize, Central America. It is a beautiful place to go diving, and has the worlds second largest barrier reefs.

I also enjoy sky diving.

I play adult league roller and ice hockey and have played since junior high. I played as the backup goal tender for UNLVs roller hockey team a few years back. I also play tennis and golf for fun.

I have a pair of Yamaha R6 motorcycles and LOVE riding. I am a corner and canyon guy, not a stunter. I love riding on the track and even considered racing for a while, but I just have so much other stuff that I want to do with my life.

Well that is about all I can think of, so what do you guys do for fun, or for a hobby?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Info

Good idea RevnR6:

I'm 25. I work full time as an Environmental Coordinator for a large utility company on the east coast. I'm also working on my Masters of Science Degree from Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia.

I'm a HUGE University of Pittsburgh (alma mater), Steelers and Eagles fan. I LIVE for football and NASCAR. Fantasy football has been known to run my life for months on end. I also run 5 and 10k races and the occasional 10 miler for fun. I'm in the gym as much as possible and obviously wrenching, washing and waxing constantly on my '00 Tahoe and '05 Goat.

When I'm not at work or school I'm hanging out w/ my pack of friends or with my fantastic :eek: girlfriend :eek: who hates Mustangs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
356 Posts
I play the drums, play with my micro R/Cs and hang out with my dogs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
I am a machine operator for Talon Mfg. we specialize in
(1) Demilitarization service to the U.S. Army and Other Government agencies.
(2) Wholesale distribution of recovered small caliber components.
(3) Re-manufacture ammunition for all special operations, foreign sales, and the sporting goods industry
So in other words im producing 50 caliber ammo from plan FMJ to, API,APIT, INC,Tracer,as well as Spotter Tracer and Special Match Rounds.
when im not at work I love 4wheelin,hunting and fishing all that good stuff as well as just cruzin anywhere in the GTO :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
i enjoy ridin 4-wheelers, i have a traxxas t-maxx and s-maxx nitro r/c trucks, computer building, my current rig:
Intel 650 250fsb 4.25ghz
Asus P5AD2 E Premium
xp-90 and tornado w. nexus controller
1 GB ocz high performance DDR2-667
Ocz Powerstream 520w
74 GB Raptor (gettin another for future raid)
Xtasy X850XT 256mb 540/610
frozencpu modded lian-li pc-65B
temps 29c idle/ 48c max load temp

also love the internet, work-i'm a 4 color offset press operator of a 425 komori, and now
THE GOAT :party: :cheers :seeya:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
My 2002 gsxr 750 is what I ride as my past time. I love the corners, all the corners I can find to carve up here I do, I love. I want to start ridin track as much as possible but the closest track to me is 6 hrs. away, so I also drag race.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
RevnR6 said:
I will (hopefully) be an Officer and will be training as an NFO (Naval Flight Officer [think Goose from Top Gun]).
Good luck to you on your goal of becoming a Naval Aviator. Prior to lateral transfering into Submarine Warfare, I was an unrestricted line officer in an A-7 squadron that embarked on the USS Enterprise (dating myself there... ). I also have significant experience in Navy Recruiting, particularly URL programs like NFO. If you have any questions, or want to confirm something your recruiter is telling you, don't hesitate to drop me a line.

I too have my pilots license with about 125 hours or so, but found that wasn't expensive enough for me, so I decided to take my Z06 racing. :eek: :lol: :cool

I've been racing for three seasons now with the SCCA and have been fairly successful, winning the MidSouth Region Rookie of the Year award in 2003 and the MidWest Division Touring One Class Championship in 2004. I spent most of this year in a training pipeline that limited my opportunity to race.

I also like to travel and the Navy has been fairly accomodating. :lol:
I've been to all 50 states, 5 continents, something like 25 foreign countries, and circumnavigated the globe. Still working on Africa and Antartica.

:cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Subdriver, the Z06 racing sounds like a ton of fun. I would love to take my car racing, but I am not near rich enough yet, and I bought the GTO to be my warrantied, get me through college and NFO training, car.

I appreciate the offer for info, right now I don't really have any questions but I will drop you a line for sure if I ever do.

I also forgot to add to my list that I love to read. I read about a book a week. In fact I am going to start another topic about that right now. :cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Let's see here now... I'm a Systems Engineer for an insurance company and like to: ride dirt bikes with buddies, run the canyons in whatever I have at the moment (05 GTO!), read stuff, relax and take it easy and once in a while bust out and play with the Nitro R/C cars and trucks.

Other than that I just work all the time and hang out with the wife and kids.

It was enjoyable reading everyone's posts. Common thread throughout - SPEED ADDICTION!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,541 Posts
Well, as most of you know I'm the assistant parts manager here at Alan Young and I'm also the Performance Parts Manager. I love drag racing, 4 wheelin', turning wrenches, and playing video games. If I can just get my car to stay together I hope to start frequenting the strip like I used to...... but we'll see! :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
I'm a service and install manager for an alarm company, been in the biz about 13 years. I also like to go 4 wheelin' in my Z71 or my 02 Polaris 700. I enjoy bowling (carry a 200 average), hunting, fishing, turning wrenches, drinking beer,football, NASCAR, and spending time with my family. You know, your typical redneck! lol! :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Hardware

I own my own Ace Hardware. My license plate says [email protected] I also own a BMW touring bike and have taken several 1000+ mile trips. I used to to ride dirt bikes with my son but I think maybe I thought about growing up and sold it. It was an awsome KTM though. My wife left me...I think because of the toys....oh yea....and another guy. Now I work drive/ride play golf, chase women, watch Nascar, shoot pool, watch football and baseball and most anythng else on ESPN. Bud lite usually figures in the equation also. I love my car alot...a real lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
RevnR6 said:
I figure this is one of those things that will help us get to know each other, and maybe find someone close with the same interests.

Anyways I will start.

I am a Private Pilot with around 120 hours in Cessna 150-152-172s, and am working on my instrument. I am also going to be joining the navy when I graduate college here pretty soon. I will (hopefully) be an Officer and will be training as an NFO (Naval Flight Officer [think Goose from Top Gun]).

I am an avid shooter and have a bunch of guns. Here is a list of what I have: H&K P2000(full size) .40 cal, 2 H&K P2000s(sub-compact) one in 9mm and one in .40, 2 Springfield Armory XD sub-compacts one in 9mm and one in .40 cal, a Springfield Micro Compact .45, a Kimber Compact CDP II 1911 .45, an H&K USP full size .40, a Remington 20 guage shotgun, a ruger 10/22 .22 rifle, a Remington Model 597 in .22 and one in .17HMR (great caliber), an Arsenal SLR-95 (Romanian AK-47), and a Pre-Ban Colt AR-15 Sporter with a 20inch match grade barrel and Bi-pod with an extra upper with a 16 inch bbl and collapsable stock(my favorite gun). I might have forgot some, but that is what I can think of right now.

I am also a PADI advanced open water certified SCUBA diver with a good number of dives under my belt. My favorite dive ever was in Belize, Central America. It is a beautiful place to go diving, and has the worlds second largest barrier reefs.

I also enjoy sky diving.

I play adult league roller and ice hockey and have played since junior high. I played as the backup goal tender for UNLVs roller hockey team a few years back. I also play tennis and golf for fun.

I have a pair of Yamaha R6 motorcycles and LOVE riding. I am a corner and canyon guy, not a stunter. I love riding on the track and even considered racing for a while, but I just have so much other stuff that I want to do with my life.

Well that is about all I can think of, so what do you guys do for fun, or for a hobby?
Jesus Christ, who are you James Bond?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JMVorbeck said:
Jesus Christ, who are you James Bond?

Ohh yeah, I forgot, I took a good bit of martial arts(MMA) and weapons fighting until a few years ago. I am into boxing (kind of) now. So while I am not James Bond, I am open to offers from the Goverment to try out for any positions in that arena. :party:
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
i am the assistant drilling manager for a drilling company in fort worth i also enjoy my dirt bikes but prefer riding my v-rod (fine piece of work from harley davidson) when not riding or driving the goat ill tear the **** out of my traxxis t-max gas powered rc truck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
I'm 31. I'm an IT Network Technician for a major distribution company. I like to play Texas Holdem, online and real life. I had 98 Corvette Torch Red 6-speed Coupe for 3 years, then I spent 4 painful months in a Pontiac G6, before I had to get the GTO. I drink Bacardi N Coke, in my free time (but not while driving). My hobbies are Vette's and GTO's, I couldn't swing a C6 yet, but the GTO is a great car. At 14mpg average in the GTO, I may have to quit drinking. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,100 Posts
Investing, wine, long weekend vacations, great food, keeping in shape, different types of motorsports, our five cats and fornicating with my wife.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
RevnR6 said:
Subdriver, the Z06 racing sounds like a ton of fun. I would love to take my car racing, but I am not near rich enough yet...
I understand that fully... it took me 16 years of Naval Service before I was in a position to race my Z06. I did find the time and money to race a go-kart on and off during the first 16 years though. :cheers
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top