Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, my name's Joel and I drive an 05 SRT-4. I got the car a little over a year ago and I'm already sick of the thing. It makes good power, surprises the hell out of people, and still gets good gas mileage but its just not me. I'm looking to buy an 06 GTO, and can easily afford one. What I would like to know is if there are any "golden rules" of gtos or if there is anything I should have to worry about as far as parts breaking, recalls, etc. One more reason for buying one is hearing one with a full exhaust and a lopey cam at GLD the other night, that made up my mind, plus, I just love rwd.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I understand exactly what you mean. I had an SRT 4 for almost two years, loved all the things you mentioned, but the car just never felt solid. Great little car, but it had to go! You will never miss it when you get your GTO (except maybe when you are at the gas pump).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah, I wont get the 0% but I'm going to start making double payments on the SRT until I owe less than it's worth, so when I sell it, I won't have any debt. Then, I'll start looking for a GTO. I also agree with everyone else about the car, I took one for a drive and I was amazed, I didn't even have to hit the gas to fall in love with it. I was going 60 and then I see a light start flashing saying 0 speed, then i remembered, oh ****, its a 6 speed. Cruise control is nice too:D:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and EEZ GOAT, is that pic of the magnacharger yours? nice touch with the inflatable goat btw, lol. I really just can't wait to get some real american muscle, my srt could move but I don't think it'll stack up to the goat, btw, for anyone interested my srt had: JMB INtake/catch can/hard pipes with a tial bov, full 3" exhaust, quickwhips IC, mopar stage 1, agp fuel return line and wastegate actuator, nex coilovers, 17x8s with 245/45/17 drs, maddog sts, and a 75 shot, i beat a couple 6.0 gtos with it while spraying and didn't do too bad off the bottle, but i was pushing that little engine so hard just to keep up with a stock gto that i might as well get a real engine, an ls2:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RADIO said:
I went from a 2004 SRT4 to a 2004 GTO (Fatbitch, look her up here), and back to a 2005 SRT4.... fuel economy and price drug me back.:willy:
damn, I am also buying a beater to get me to and from work and to take me through the winter so I'm hoping to keep the miles down on it once i get it. That way the fuel won't get me so bad.

·
Registered
86 Posts
spindler27 said:
damn, I am also buying a beater to get me to and from work and to take me through the winter so I'm hoping to keep the miles down on it once i get it. That way the fuel won't get me so bad.
Well, that and I got tired of always breaking the car, she had a TON of stuff done to her.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.