Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What you guys think ? From this sketch I think it looks freakin awesome however, it does not give me the "oh damn I wish I had one instead of my gto" I look at the sleeper effect of our cars and I love it. The sketch resembles anything but a sleeper in fact you see one of those at a light you suspect its going to have balls.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Is this suppsed to be the new GTO? No offense I like mine better. Nice direction though some fine tuning and they may have something there.:seeya:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Besides my baby lives outside... I do not have a house so she stays in my condo lot and being that she blends in so nice is the only way I could have her. This new design would not give me that option. I do think its a sweet design.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Some of the lines (not the nose, but from there back) remind me of a much more aggressive Honda Accord Coupe. That said, with the aggressive nose/hood you don't really see what I'm mentioning. I like it. I like it alot more than something OVERLY retro which is what so many of us are worried will emerge.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I honestly dont like it, im sorry but i would take the new camaro over that. I still LOVE my current Goat though!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I think this new GTO is replacing the Firebird rather than attempting to live up to the original. We've learned that's damn near impossible, since that's all i hear about the 04-06's.

I think it's ironic that the original Pontiac GTO was named after Ferrari's race car, and now after 40 some odd years the 04-06 GTO's outperform the Ferrari that the original GTO aspired to. Was anyone complaining back in 64' that Pontiac was plagerising a car that it had no hope of competing against?

·
Registered
33 Posts
CrabhartLSX said:
I think this new GTO is replacing the Firebird rather than attempting to live up to the original. We've learned that's damn near impossible, since that's all i hear about the 04-06's.

I think it's ironic that the original Pontiac GTO was named after Ferrari's race car, and now after 40 some odd years the 04-06 GTO's outperform the Ferrari that the original GTO aspired to. Was anyone complaining back in 64' that Pontiac was plagerising a car that it had no hope of competing against?
Ferrari complained. I don't like the body line that runs down the side at an angle. That makes it look like everything else out there. Starts at the top at the rear and goes down toward the front. That's an old look now. I like the body lines of our GTO.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
lotaguts said:
What you guys think ?

Fug Lee. This picture made the rounds on this forum months ago. The car is still butt ugly. From the side it looks like a Mustang. The front end looks like a previous generation Misubishi Galant. Talk about retro.

If GM wants the Pontiackk brand to recapture the lost F-body market with a cheaply built and tasteless car, this would probably do. The wing on the back definitely makes it faster. Dont' forget to throw in a live axle. We don't need no stinkin handling, just make sure we don't have wheelhop at the dragstrip.

I hope GM heads more upscale with the GTO and leaves the F-body crowd with the Camaro. That would give them a three tiered product line with camaro at the bottom to compete with Mustang/Charger, GTO in the middle to compete with mid-high level Jap & Euro luxo coupes, Corvette at the top to compete with anyones high performance machinery.

Positioning the GTO this way might actually erase some of the negative brand image Pontiackkk has carefully crafted for 35 years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.