1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went upstairs for a brew last night, and as I passed my wife, she says,
"You're on that GTO Forum again, aren't you?"

"Well, as a matter of fact, I was. Why?"

She said, "Because you've got that damn s**t eatin' grin on your face again." :cheers She continued, "You know, you smile a whole lot more often since you got that car."

Yeah, I know :cool

I washed and waxed her this morning, so I had to run to my favorite meat market - Harrell's Best Way in Imperial. Good meat, and lots of twisty roads / different ways to get there and back. I figured out how to use that Black Magic wax too, so she was lookin' mighty fine.

On the way back, I stopped to fill up at the Herculaneum QT, and when I pulled out, I noticed a firebird at the intersection. I checked up to see what was what, and as I turned on 67 toward Festus, he was coming up quickly. So, I just slid into the right lane and let off, rolled down the window and was waving when he rolled up. I nailed it to match speed, and we both nodded. I gave the first little blast in a higher gear and let off, then he came up and nailed it. Wow, that thing sure sounded good. That can't be the stock exhaust I heard.

We slowed, and let traffic go and then punched it...I got the jump and I could hear him gaining on me when I had to lift, but I was just getting up to four grand. We both rolled into town together, and he waved as he cut off on a side street. Ah...nice to be a car fan again.

When I got home, my wife was reading a book. She looked up at me with my SEG, and cracked a smile..."Didya have a nice ride honey?" :D

She looks so nice, I think I'll back her out of the garage and take some pictures :rolleyes:

Gerry

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kwiktsi said:
You nailed on it and let off when you were just coming up to 4 grand? Downshift- you would have left him there :D . I don't think I have ever floored it below 3000-3500- no power down there for my liking.
Joe
Well, I'm getting better...except I realized afterward that I had the traction control and the AC both on. I'm getting better at being prepared, but wasn't today.

Here's a couple pics I just snapped. Thanks to the person(s) that recommended to clean the inside of the exhaust tips. It does make a difference.

·
1/8 7.63 at 89.14, 60ft of 1.61
260 Posts
:agree love this car!!!!!!!!! Life seems better when your riding in your GTO!I'm the wife and I'm usually on the FORUM......but he dosen't complain.

·
Registered
415 Posts
6QTS11OZ said:
But I do have to admit that, IMO, they do look better in motion than they do sitting still.
:agree
And they sound better too! :lol:
Nice pics. Looks like mine minus the red interior!

Just got back from a short joyride with my seven year old boy...Lots
of looks, no races, although one 2001 T/A thought I was trying to I
think, from the way he was dogging his car!. Rode side by side a
solstice for awhile...Nice looking car. The both of us definitely
turned some heads. I love my goat!

·
Registered
569 Posts
ShoddyHog said:
Well, I'm getting better...except I realized afterward that I had the traction control and the AC both on. I'm getting better at being prepared, but wasn't today.

Here's a couple pics I just snapped. Thanks to the person(s) that recommended to clean the inside of the exhaust tips. It does make a difference.
AC really isn't an issue as the compressor turns off at WOT anyway, I made my dyno runs with the AC on- it was damn hot in there!! The guy just laughed and shook his head lol. The traction control doesn't always interfere, but when it does, it will really hurt the performance the way it yanks the throttle back. You'll get used to it- try a 40 mph downshift into second and see how she pulls then :). Although they do make nice low-end torque, it isn't "that" much, and if you downshift and let it wind out a bit you will notice what it really has!

The car looks great- yes, the tips make a nice difference when they are clean inside and out, just sucks that mine get black so quick with the Procharger tune- it is well on the rich side!
Joe

·
Registered
273 Posts
nice pic, and sounds like you have a good wife. tell her that I said hi. I found out that the fall cruise is toward joliet. thats more of a ride than you probably want to drive. I tought it was more toward springfeild. nice goat.

·
Registered
273 Posts
kwiktsi said:
AC really isn't an issue as the compressor turns off at WOT anyway, I made my dyno runs with the AC on- it was damn hot in there!! The guy just laughed and shook his head lol. The traction control doesn't always interfere, but when it does, it will really hurt the performance the way it yanks the throttle back. You'll get used to it- try a 40 mph downshift into second and see how she pulls then :). Although they do make nice low-end torque, it isn't "that" much, and if you downshift and let it wind out a bit you will notice what it really has!

The car looks great- yes, the tips make a nice difference when they are clean inside and out, just sucks that mine get black so quick with the Procharger tune- it is well on the rich side!
Joe
:agree the cabon on mine is like tar. way rich. I supose I won't blow it up at least. I've smoked a couple motors runnig them to lean.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Very nice pics. Nice exhaust tips too! I still think the gto made the tips too small. I went with borla with the 5" tips. I'll tell ya. They're great looking cars, and the bad reviews are only in mags and by people who haven't seen them in person. I've stolen a lot of attention from the new mustangs sitting in the muscle car section of the parking lot at work. I've smoked them on the street too.
On another note, I had the same exact experience with a WS-6. He beat me pretty bad. This was before I knew that I should downshift into 3rd when racing on the freeway. This guy works at my job and word got out that I was looking for a rematch, and that I just made a rookie error. He also found out about my new mods and hasent brought his car to work since. Lol.

·
Registered
738 Posts
ShoddyHog said:

Damn She fine!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the comments...I have to say that even after a couple months and nearly ten grand on the odometer, I still find the car strikingly beautiful and way too much fun to drive. My wife is right...I've smiled a lot more because of this car. After the wax job this weekend, every time I got out of the car, I'd have to do a walk-around just to admire her.

And yes, my wife is cool as hell. She didn't even bat an eye when I said I test drove a goat and wanted one. She did, at one point though, crack a big smile and ask me if I was going through my mid-life crisis :lol: She knows I've been a gear-head my whole life and put that aside our 20 years of marraige in lieu of practicality, so she wasn't too shocked.

She loves the car, loves the look, yet hasn't asked to drive it once! In fact, she said she'd not even going to think about it until I put a "ding" in it. He he...she does know how I feel about the car :) Hell, she drives a stick better than most every person I know, so I've got no problem with her driving it. What's the worst that could happen...we have to sell her Honda and buy her a Goat too?? :party:

Gerry

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lol...

Thats funny what your wife say's. Mine always say's the same stuff. Eveytime she tells someone in person or on the phone that I got a new 06 GTO, I get a perma-smile on my face. Then she say's to ther person, "ya gets a big grin on his face evertime I mention that damn car". She's happy too cause I let her buy a new 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Black. So we're both stylin...

Nice pic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.