Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am 37 years old and i am so tired of these old crabs coming up to me when i am out and about telling me "i have a real gto" i say to them come here, you ever looked at one of these!!!! i proceed to show them my 2006 ibm w/blue interior and 18 " wheels and show the all the little things and then blow them away when i let them sit in the car and rev away.i say bring me the gto and we do 1/4 mile race we will see who wins. they right away say i have a classic and wouldnt race and rant. i then ask them what gto stands for, most dont even know-geez give me a break after giving them some history...... sorry for the rant....anyway i also carry a picture of my dads 1965 topless gto 2 door in my car to show these old geezers "you have a real gto also" my response "sir i have 2 gtos" and appreciate them both for what they are.
spend too much time with them and they come away with respect for new goats.."listen old timer gotta go i got ricers to kill" instant response "whatsa ricer"
hey pal i cant stay here all day with you seeya....

with all due respect for our seniors i am close to joining the club so please dont take offense if you up in that age:D

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
TexasAggie said:
Okay GTO judge...WHAT'S the story behind that avatar/photo??:eek: I'm creeped out now.

My avatar is my A.T.D. If she freaked you out just by looking at her pic.... then it's working... You should see my A.T.D. in person.... I don't even have to lock my doors.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She works cheap too.:rofl:

·
Registered
850 Posts
TexasAggie said:
Okay GTO judge...WHAT'S the story behind that avatar/photo??:eek: I'm creeped out now.
:agree That thing scares the heck out of me!!!!

But getting back on topic....

I have to agree with ASCRUZINGTO...it doesn't matter if it's a past goat or present goat....it's still a GTO....:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
ADCRUZINGTO said:
i am 37 years old and i am so tired of these old crabs coming up to me when i am out and about telling me :D

I have got that type of response from other Pontiac sites (have a thread out about that from a week ago or so). I'm 48 and lovin my new goat, and dont care what anyone else thinks. Sure I love the old classic Pontiac's. Would love to own one someday. But, you should see the attention I get at the local cruise night. Lots of folks stop and talk about the new GTO. Its a great car. I get alot of younger guys checking the car out, to me that a good thing for the GTO. Got to get the next wave of car guys interested in the new GTO. The new generations expect more from everything in life, including cars. I think the new GTO gives them more. IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.