Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...Goat herders from Southern California and as far away as Phoenix converged on El Monte airport to have Chris White flash mod their instrument clusters....we now have redline shift light & tone!

It was quite the Hoard of Holdens! :party:

...and I, for one, no longer have the nasty Red Wedgie pop up during the self-diagnostic! HSV, baybee!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Groucho

Great Pics! What is the shift light (light on the tac just past 7K)? How can we "spread" this program across the collective?

Xman

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xman said:
Groucho

Great Pics! What is the shift light (light on the tac just past 7K)? How can we "spread" this program across the collective?

Xman
Yeah-- that dot on your speedo is the shift light. I personally use the tone as I usually have my head out of the cockpit when yanking thru the gears, but there you go. Supposedly Pontiac did not include this functionality as they thought it would encourage drag racing.

:rolleyes:

AFAIK, only GTPprix has this Australia-based code. He has it on his lap top. He does flashmods either by traveling to groups of Goaters (as in this case) for $100...or you can send him your cluster and he'll do it for $120. Beats buying a tacky add-on in any case.He pops in and out of this forum occasionally...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Groucho said:
Yeah-- that dot on your speedo is the shift light. I personally use the tone as I usually have my head out of the cockpit when yanking thru the gears, but there you go. Supposedly Pontiac did not include this functionality as they thought it would encourage drag racing.

AFAIK, only GTPprix has this Australia-based code. He has it on his lap top. He does flashmods either by traveling to groups of Goaters (as in this case) for $100...or you can send him your cluster and he'll do it for $120. Beats buying a tacky add-on in any case.He pops in and out of this forum occasionally...

Heheh yeah I hang around :) But just for clarification its not really australia based code, the aussies dash is actually radically different internally even though it looks the same outside. The US dash is the only one that actually gets a shift light that isnt controlled by the PCM.

I had a great time hanging out with you guys!! The airport was awesome as well!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Buffalo said:
:agree That is the largest number of GTO's I've seen at one time. :cool
March 23, 2005 I hosted the SW Texas GoatFest here at my place...we had about 45 04/05 GTO's and some old ones mixed in...Great time....we will do it again next year...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Groucho said:

Funny! Pontiac didn't want to encourage drag racing with the shift light....then what is the 400hp LS2 supposed to encourage??? :lol:

I'd be interested in this program, not sure when or if anything happens near St. Louis, MO.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well I'll be doing the lights in St Louis for a group buy during the GTOAA nationals if your interested. Or you can always ship it in, I have a same day turn around policy.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.