Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went ahead and did the "dealer repurchase" on my car because it was a LEMON and it preferred driving in Safety Mode.

I can't think of anything that has made me more upset than that [email protected]#$ing ring for Safety Mode, O, other than GM's Guaranteed Customer Dis-Service.

I was thinking of buying another gto to replace my current one but their customer service matched with the fact that I just got my license restricted(Excessive Speeds) for 6 months also played a role.

Honestly if GM/my dealership(Plummer Pontiac, Lodi California) handled the buyback like MEN, I would be owning another GTO, regardless of what my driving record is.

The GTO was truly amazing, and it will be missed. I will probably jump into another one once I have simmered down.

GM'S CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS AN EYE-OPENING EXPERIENCE ON HOW CORPORATIONS APPROACH/HANDLE AN INDIVIDUAL SUCH AS MYSELF.

I understand it is a business and GM must think they are very good about MAXIMIZING THEIR PROFITS.

Personally, I believe if you are doing something entirely for the profits you are missing the point, and you might be a [email protected]#ING TOOL. If you take care of the consumer/individual your profits will follow. That's the old way of doing business and as far as Im concerned it's also the right way to do business


MAYBE IF GM STOPPED ONLY WORRYING ABOUT THEIR SHAREHOLDERS THEY COULD GET BACK TO MAKING SOME GOOD OLD AMERICAN CARS AND GIVING SOME DECENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

But what do I know, I dont even own a car.

Fellow Goat Owners, take care of them, they rock and best of luck :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
Sorry to see you go, Stock....you was screwed.

Like you, I'd have to think long and hard about purchasing another GM product. I love the car, my sales experience was great...but their customer service sucks some serious a$$.

Somebody needs to grab the GMNA brass by the lapels and make it clear that hey'd better do some policing of the dealership's service departments, or it just won't matter how good their cars are.

Take it easy, bro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
Thats why I bought mine used, saved over 10K and unless the engine flys out of the car on its own it will never see the inside of a dealership.
I also would never own an 05 or 06 because of the fly by wire crap.. In a 60million dollar fighter jet sure. In a 30k GMproduct,,you gotta be kidding..
Sorry to hear about your experience. When you start loooking again look for a nice low mile 04 and you will save a ton of money and have a great car.
Dont believe the hype,the 05s arent as fast as those extra 50hp makes people think.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,640 Posts
HTRDLNCN said:
Dont believe the hype,the 05s arent as fast as those extra 50hp makes people think.
Is that so? I haven't raced any '04s but all of the numbers I've seen have shown that the extra 50 hp netted better performance numbers than the '04s. Oh well, I guess all the mags published lies :confused .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,445 Posts
6QTS11OZ said:
Is that so? I haven't raced any '04s but all of the numbers I've seen have shown that the extra 50 hp netted better performance numbers than the '04s. Oh well, I guess all the mags published lies :confused .
I think you missed Frank's point. The 05 is supposed to have 50 extra HP. Which would equate to about a 1/2 second 1/4 mile. He hasn't seen an 05 that is running a 1/2 second quicker than his.
As far as that is concerned, my 05 is running at least a 1/2 second quicker than all of the 05's I've seen. Maybe I've got a factory freak. LOL.
This goes back to a previous post, why is it so hard to get decent times from these cars? They have the potential, but the average driver is not getting the numbers. Most of the 05 drivers that I see are getting low 14's high 13's, about the same as the 04 drivers. Both cars should be faster IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
674 Posts
Stockton,
I feel your pain. I took a 5k+ loss on the aurora because the service sucked.

I leased (smartbuy) the gto using 5k of gm card funny money and rebates as a down payment. I did the same with my wife's rendezvous. I will not own a gm product that is out of warranty. the service is so pathetic when under warranty, it can only get worse in my opinion.

my next car purchase will go like this:
Honda: how much a month with 0 down for up to six months after the warranty ends
GM: how much a month with gm card earnings down for up to the warranty expires

like golf, the lower number wins. bottom line, gm through the gm card is buying my vote. pretty pathetic that the once greatest company has to beg me to use their product!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,640 Posts
fergyflyer said:
I think you missed Frank's point. The 05 is supposed to have 50 extra HP. Which would equate to about a 1/2 second 1/4 mile. He hasn't seen an 05 that is running a 1/2 second quicker than his.
As far as that is concerned, my 05 is running at least a 1/2 second quicker than all of the 05's I've seen. Maybe I've got a factory freak. LOL.
This goes back to a previous post, why is it so hard to get decent times from these cars? They have the potential, but the average driver is not getting the numbers. Most of the 05 drivers that I see are getting low 14's high 13's, about the same as the 04 drivers. Both cars should be faster IMO.
No I didn't miss his point. Why does that extra horsepower have to be seen at the track? Find a stock '04 M6 and a stock '05 M6. Load both cars with about 600 pounds of passengers (everyone weighing at around 150 lbs. each). Find a nice hill with about a 15 degree grade incline. Hit the hill in 5th gear at the same time and see if the extra hp and tq will be noticed then. Racing at the track takes skills to get the most out of your car. Mashing the gas up a hill doesn't. Some just need to face it. Maybe they're not that great at racing. I know I'm not.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top