Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finaly sold my truck today after 2months. tomorrow i'll be going to the dealer to buy a 2006 GTO. I want a black a4 with red interor but not sure if i want red or black seats...?

What do you guys think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Cool...

Hey man "GO WITH READ SEATS MAN, IF YOU GET BLACK SEATS YOUR GOAT WILL BURST INTO FLAMES ON A HOT DAY!", that's my car. Black, with read interior, and man even on a moderately hot day, inside my car it's an inferno. If you do get black, tint the heck out of your windows and get a windshield shade.

Good luck and hope you get your goat.

Maahahahahahaha.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Red or Black interior...just get the goat! I found a great deal on a black/black Nov '05 build this past Saturday (hoping to avoid the strut problems) and am still grinning like a maniac. Ok, maybe more of a "wince" when I first get in the car at 5:30 in the afternoons as GoatMann is absolutely right about the black interior...but hey, the pain only lasts a few mins!

I really liked a Black/Red April '06 build with 18"s, but decided I'd rather deal with strut rub on the 17's than strut failure. Plus, mine had been sitting around for so long, the dealership was almost ready to shoo someone out the door with it! The red interior grows on you, that's for sure.

Just get the one that YOU like best, regardless of what anyone else says... either way you can't go wrong!

DC
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,433 Posts
The black seats bursting into flames only happens in the south western states where the constant heat ignites the fibers in the stitching. This does not happen where the temperature moderates. If you live in the S.W. I'd get sun shades for all windows, or red seats, make sure the stitching is heat proof. The last thing you want is to have a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles effect on your interior.

As far as giving a truck up for the GTO.. I am still trying to find away to haul a 1/2 cord of firewood in the GTO. I thought I could manage hauling furniture but after I got mine I found the salesperson lied to me. Hell I have a hard enough time hauling groceries let alone beds, sofas, and recliners.


:cheers Good luck on your new addition when ya get it. You won't be able to haul firewood but you'll be able to haul ass.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
DamienChaos said:
Red or Black interior...just get the goat! I found a great deal on a black/black Nov '05 build this past Saturday (hoping to avoid the strut problems) and am still grinning like a maniac. Ok, maybe more of a "wince" when I first get in the car at 5:30 in the afternoons as GoatMann is absolutely right about the black interior...but hey, the pain only lasts a few mins!

I really liked a Black/Red April '06 build with 18"s, but decided I'd rather deal with strut rub on the 17's than strut failure. Plus, mine had been sitting around for so long, the dealership was almost ready to shoo someone out the door with it! The red interior grows on you, that's for sure.

Just get the one that YOU like best, regardless of what anyone else says... either way you can't go wrong!

DC
sorry for the thread jack- the strut problems are within specific time frame? I must have missed that- what are the build dates?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
From my forum searches, I understand the problem of the leaky Monroe struts to potentially exist from January '06 to April/May '06 "on the car" build dates (not sure about GM VIS build dates).

I could be wrong about that though!

Ozzhead: Keep us up to date on what you decide! Best of luck, I thought shopping was half the fun...until I drove the car off the lot. Then I wondered why the heck it took me so long.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
GTO judge said:
The black seats bursting into flames only happens in the south western states where the constant heat ignites the fibers in the stitching. This does not happen where the temperature moderates. If you live in the S.W. I'd get sun shades for all windows, or red seats, make sure the stitching is heat proof. The last thing you want is to have a Planes, Trains, and Automobiles effect on your interior.

As far as giving a truck up for the GTO.. I am still trying to find away to haul a 1/2 cord of firewood in the GTO. I thought I could manage hauling furniture but after I got mine I found the salesperson lied to me. Hell I have a hard enough time hauling groceries let alone beds, sofas, and recliners.


:cheers Good luck on your new addition when ya get it. You won't be able to haul firewood but you'll be able to haul ass.


That is all true, but I couldn't give up my truck. I have to have something to pull my goat to the track. Trailers are great for those times when something catastrophic happens. And when it comes time to move or have to haul something, trucks are a must.

Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Basicly i found a few black/black a4 ones around here that i'll check out tomorrow. Would like to see if i can get a black/red one because of the heat i wont have a garage to park into so think red would be better. Do dealers useally charge to like do a dealer trade to get me a black/red one? i'll keep you posted

Thanks Dennis
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,433 Posts
Ozzhead said:
Basicly i found a few black/black a4 ones around here that i'll check out tomorrow. Would like to see if i can get a black/red one because of the heat i wont have a garage to park into so think red would be better. Do dealers useally charge to like do a dealer trade to get me a black/red one? i'll keep you posted

Thanks Dennis
Dealers do not charge to do dealer trades. If you come across one that does, I'd walk away from them.

A black interior, or red, it will react the same in the sun. The darker a color the more heat it absorbs. Red is not a light color. I don't see an advantage or disadvantage for red or black. Other than a color preference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i went to the dealer today and about an hour later i left in my new 2006 black/black a4 GTO. I totaly love it, i drove many cars leading up to what i want to buy this by far is the best. Only thing i dont care for the big key but i can get over that. I did also notice a small tiny dent on the diver side above the rear tire but im sure my dealer will fix it, i was to excited to go do a walk thru for dents that i completly forgot but im sure its no biggy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
Ozzhead said:
Well i went to the dealer today and about an hour later i left in my new 2006 black/black a4 GTO. I totaly love it, i drove many cars leading up to what i want to buy this by far is the best. Only thing i dont care for the big key but i can get over that. I did also notice a small tiny dent on the diver side above the rear tire but im sure my dealer will fix it, i was to excited to go do a walk thru for dents that i completly forgot but im sure its no biggy.
Congrat's on the new ride! You'll get use to that paddle we call a key. And make sure the dealer fixes that dent. :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
DamienChaos said:
Red or Black interior...just get the goat! I found a great deal on a black/black Nov '05 build this past Saturday (hoping to avoid the strut problems) and am still grinning like a maniac. Ok, maybe more of a "wince" when I first get in the car at 5:30 in the afternoons as GoatMann is absolutely right about the black interior...but hey, the pain only lasts a few mins!

I really liked a Black/Red April '06 build with 18"s, but decided I'd rather deal with strut rub on the 17's than strut failure. Plus, mine had been sitting around for so long, the dealership was almost ready to shoo someone out the door with it! The red interior grows on you, that's for sure.

Just get the one that YOU like best, regardless of what anyone else says... either way you can't go wrong!

DC
Nothing like the smell of searing flesh on black seats on a 105 afternoon(seats about 135). I have a cyclone grey w/ black seats, finally broke down and paid for 5% window tint, cools it down somewhat.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top