Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I really like that new brazen orange color, ..& in fact have tossed around the thought of trading in my 05' phantom black goat for that color on a 06' model!

I have held off because I also like the thought of that new 07' which shows a completely different looking GTO which I like too.

Has anybody checked out the new 06' Dodge Charger/ Daytona? They have an "orange metallic" with a flat black hood w/ Hemi letters on each sides of the hood, ..& a black spoiler w/black accent stripes over the rear wheel wells?

The interior looks nice as well, ..but I believe it comes ONLY with the small 5.7 Hemi at the moment.
I believe its test results are showing low 14's in the quarter, & mid to high 5's from 0-60.

Perhaps if about 300-400 pounds were shaved off the Charger/Daytona....it would have better performance numbers!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I didn't say I would buy one. I was just putting that out there. Didn't a magazine bash the GTO compared to the Mustang for the cost difference. Then another magazine still bashes the GTO over the Charger. Where the hell do they get these writers.

G

·
you also have to understand their customer base is people who are NOT gearheads, dont know a crankshaft from a camshaft, cant tell the difference between motor oil and transmission fluid. They used to bash the f-bodies and you see how popular those became. If your a middle aged man and want to take the wife and kids out, you want room with a little power. Hence why they are biased towards the Charger. If your a gearhead, start reading gearhead magazines. They have a whole different side of the story to tell.

G

·
whereas with the 17's, you get a 245. not much, but its something.

By the way, on your auto, when doing about 40 and you stab the gas, does it hesitate or just go on command? The one I test drove had a NASTY hesitation before downshifting.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.