Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I parked my car at work today, one of the civilian instructors that workes in my building was walking up and asked, "Is that the new GTO, sharp looking car!", and I said, "Hell yes". We small talked a little, and he asked how much horsepower and torque was under the hood, "260 or so"? :eek: I chuckled a little under my breath and raised 4 fingers. His jaw hit the ground. :cheers

·
Registered
53 Posts
The car is a great conversation piece. I've had similar experiences. First, it's the "nice car", "wow, look at that interior". Then they ask about the power, and you tell them "6 litre 400 hp Corvette motor", they're like "wwwwhat?!" It's about that time that I throw in, "oh yeah, it's built in Australia and imported here". That usually brings a "wwwwwwwooooowwwwwww, niiiiiiiicce caarrrrrr". I love it. Just bolted on my personalized plate today...shoulda went with something car related, but instead my nickname, "wolfee"

·
Registered
38 Posts
GTOfreak said:
you tell them "6 litre 400 hp Corvette motor"
Now let's see if GM will allow Pontiac to use next years 7 liter LS7 Corvette motor. I was just reading in Automotive Engineering International that it should be good for 500 ponies out of the box. :willy: It would be nice if it were at least an option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.