Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
very nice E....hey seeing that made me wonder, what type of distributor did you use with the blower, will the HEI fit, i ask because i picked up the low profile dual quads and am not sure if i will have to go with a smaller unit?

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inst, The distributor is a MSD unit, the HEI is too fat to fit...that MAY be the case with your 2x4 also......
Crusty, The headlights are Halogen NOT Zenon. They also have halos...the brand is...I don't remember and the box is plain white.....I got them by doing an E-bay search for: 5 3/4" halogen halo lights. A Chevelle kit came up. You will have to ream out the back of the headlight buckets a bit to install them....They ARE VERY Bright. 68, I can't wait to do a burnout either. I'm gonna vaporize my driveway first thing!!! Eric

·
Registered
460 Posts
Crusty, The headlights are Halogen NOT Zenon. They also have halos...the brand is...I don't remember and the box is plain white.....I got them by doing an E-bay search for: 5 3/4" halogen halo lights. A Chevelle kit came up. You will have to ream out the back of the headlight buckets a bit to install them....They ARE VERY Bright. Eric
Wow the car looks.... well, incredible. I am in awe

This was a very timely post and discussion. I had been looking for an alternative to the standard headlights (Especially after hearing about the connection issues with new bulbs old harness.) I found the 5 3/4 projector halos and was afraid I might be crazy thinking halos would look cool on a 69 Custom-S, I feel a bit better with the comments here but it does bring up a question. Are all 4 of yours low beams? Or are 2 hi beams? I couldn't find a listing for hi-beam lights in this style.

As always, Thanks Eric!

Scott

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scott, The lights are all basically low beams...they will still work the same way, as they come with harness adaptors. When the low beams are on, only2 lights will light ...when the high beams are on, all 4 will light. You MIGHT need to cut the backs of the headlight buckets out (a 3.5" hole saw works well)..... Eric

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
The prius is black now after being swallowed by Erics car...Guess i am in the market for a new ignition....thanks Bear I also dig the headlights E been thinking about doing mine if i ever get time.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brian, What size FRONT tires are you running? Also do you know what the front wheel back space is on your car? THANK YOU ! Eric

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
235/60R15 w 3.5" backspace on 15x8's, if i had to order i would go 4.5" on backspace, i get just a little rub on one side at the front of the fender when cutting it hard backing out.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, I gotta order some wheels from Billet Specialties and have to figure out what back space I need.....:eek:....If I get it wrong, I just bought my wife some very expensive flower planters!!!:willy: E

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Eric, didja get any wheels yet? A 15x8 seems a lil small to me for your car, you're gonna need some serious tires to try and plant all that HP. :D

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
which billets did you decide on E.....i think through all the posts on tire/wheel combos we have come up with 4.5 as optimal i would bet you could do 5" with your set-up being custom. Did you trim back your rear inner lips (yet)....check with Rukee he is running the widest i have seen on a stock car inside the rear wheel wells.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts